Hacking RELEASE Team Neptune presents DeepSea. A new AiO CFW package, that continues where Kosmos left off.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the frequency of recent releases, you'll probably have to wait until July

...or just move on and update Atmosphere, Hekate and the homebrew you need yourself, whenever you want, without relying on some half-assed AIO package that is just another one of many no one asked for
Already got it and it’s working. Tough day at 8th grade today huh little boy?
Post automatically merged:

DeepSea is usually updated, tested & released within 24h of Atmosphere releasing (or going out of pre-release). You can get the latest version supporting 16.0.0 on GitHub

The previous releases took so long because nothing required an update and we usually try to keep everything running. With FW updates it's always a gamble when sysmodules, homebrews or overlays update and we test everything on multiple switches and with multiple firmware versions to make sure it always works. Not just that but we also provide support for everything related to the switch (sdsetup links point to us for example).

Some people like Wurstpistole just hate cause they have nothing better to do, otherwise they would engage with something constructive instead of just hating 😅

But it's okay, we will continue helping people no matter what
Got it and working great! It’s a fantastic no BS way to just grab everything. I have little time these days and this saves a ton! Thanks for another release and keep up the great work!!

Reactions: Slluxx

love768952693

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Already got it and it’s working. Tough day at 8th grade today huh little boy?
Post automatically merged:

Got it and working great! It’s a fantastic no BS way to just grab everything. I have little time these days and this saves a ton! Thanks for another release and keep up the great work!!
DeepSea The overall self-made software is relatively clean and has many options. I like it quite a bit, but the update has slowed down recently. I have to update it myself to adapt to the latest NS system.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DeepSea The overall self-made software is relatively clean and has many options. I like it quite a bit, but the update has slowed down recently. I have to update it myself to adapt to the latest NS system.
The latest DeepSea version is compatible with the latest Switch firmware version. There are currently issues with sysmodules & overlays but we cant do anything about it until they get fixed. Its the nature of an AIO pack.

love768952693

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The latest DeepSea version is compatible with the latest Switch firmware version. There are currently issues with sysmodules & overlays but we cant do anything about it until they get fixed. Its the nature of an AIO pack.
Okay, thank you very much. I saw the release log stating that it only supports 16.00. Atmopshere uses 1.5.1, so I thought it did not support 16.0.2. .

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any plans for the next release? Thanks!

tomy54332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Total switch noob here who was overwhelmed with trying to update atmosphere/hekate myself so did a minimal install via AIO and it went flawless so thank you!

I have a couple questions if anyone could help:

After I update deepsea do I need to do anything in regards to fusee / any other changes or does it handle everything (I'm on a switch lite, 16.0.3 OFW)

I feel like the answer is no but just to be safe Deepsea doesn't update sigpatches, correct?

And lastly say I wanted to update deepsea (atmosphere/hekate), sigpatches and the firmware on my emuand which order would I do it in?

From what I gather it would be: deepsea, sigpatches and then firmware?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Total switch noob here who was overwhelmed with trying to update atmosphere/hekate myself so did a minimal install via AIO and it went flawless so thank you!

I have a couple questions if anyone could help:

After I update deepsea do I need to do anything in regards to fusee / any other changes or does it handle everything (I'm on a switch lite, 16.0.3 OFW)

I feel like the answer is no but just to be safe Deepsea doesn't update sigpatches, correct?

And lastly say I wanted to update deepsea (atmosphere/hekate), sigpatches and the firmware on my emuand which order would I do it in?

From what I gather it would be: deepsea, sigpatches and then firmware?

Any help would be appreciated :)

The staff doesn't have switches that need modchips so we cant really help with anything modchip specific.

Updating DeepSea cleanly is usually just a matter of removing all files and folders except "Nintendo" and "Emummc" (if they exist) and then extracting the new files to the sdcard. You can also use Homebrews, such as aio-switch-updater, to do everything for you.

DeepSea does not package, update or give help for Sigpatches.

Once Atmosphere/DeepSea supports a new firmware version, you get that first and then you can update your system like you would do normally through settings or whatever.

tomy54332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The staff doesn't have switches that need modchips so we cant really help with anything modchip specific.

Updating DeepSea cleanly is usually just a matter of removing all files and folders except "Nintendo" and "Emummc" (if they exist) and then extracting the new files to the sdcard. You can also use Homebrews, such as aio-switch-updater, to do everything for you.

DeepSea does not package, update or give help for Sigpatches.

Once Atmosphere/DeepSea supports a new firmware version, you get that first and then you can update your system like you would do normally through settings or whatever.
Very helpful, much appreciated!

tomy54332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Another noob question but any help would be appreciated (I've tried searching around and asking in the switch noob thread to no avail)

So I've stayed away from installing anything on my switch aside from games because I intend to just use deepsea minimal to update it but I want to install triplayer which requires a sysmodule.

At the moment I've got the latest deepsea minimal install which I installed via AIO. If I was to install triplayer with the sysmodule and install no other home-brew/sysmodules would I be safe to just do a standard update of deepsea minimal with AIO next time one comes out?

When it asks the two questions about wanting to overwrite existing ini files and would you like to delete the custom sysmodule flags what should I answer for that part if I was to install it?

tia :)

tomy54332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Total noob here again lmao, I noticed that deepsea had been updated for 17.0, my emunand fw is currently still on 16.0 and I've got deepsea 4.8 (the one before the update for 17.0).

If i wanted to update deepsea and emunand to 17.0 would I update my emunand to 17.0 then use the deepsea installer or would i use the deepsea installer first and then update my emunand FW to 17.0?

Thanks in advnace :)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Total noob here again lmao, I noticed that deepsea had been updated for 17.0, my emunand fw is currently still on 16.0 and I've got deepsea 4.8 (the one before the update for 17.0).

If i wanted to update deepsea and emunand to 17.0 would I update my emunand to 17.0 then use the deepsea installer or would i use the deepsea installer first and then update my emunand FW to 17.0?

Thanks in advnace :)

sorry, i did not notice your previous messages.
DeepSea is Atmosphere with different settings and packaged in a way that "just works". You can always swap between versions to your hearts content but when doing so (and when updating to a new DS version), we recommend to remove all files from your sdcard - except the "Nintendo" and "Emunand" folder (if they exist) and manually extracting the new files to your sdcard.

It does not matter in which order you update but its more convinient to update DeepSea first, then restart and update your Firmware because it allows you to boot directly into cfw/emunand. If you were to update the FW first, you would be locked out of cfw and must boot to stock sysnand to update your system.

If you want/need faster support, visit our discord server. The entire Team and a few thousand people are to help almost around the clock.

tomy54332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry, i did not notice your previous messages.
DeepSea is Atmosphere with different settings and packaged in a way that "just works". You can always swap between versions to your hearts content but when doing so (and when updating to a new DS version), we recommend to remove all files from your sdcard - except the "Nintendo" and "Emunand" folder (if they exist) and manually extracting the new files to your sdcard.

It does not matter in which order you update but its more convinient to update DeepSea first, then restart and update your Firmware because it allows you to boot directly into cfw/emunand. If you were to update the FW first, you would be locked out of cfw and must boot to stock sysnand to update your system.

If you want/need faster support, visit our discord server. The entire Team and a few thousand people are to help almost around the clock.
No worries at all I appreciate any response and thanks for your work on this it's super helpful for people like me!

And that sounds great, I'll jump in the discord asap

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No worries at all I appreciate any response and thanks for your work on this it's super helpful for people like me!

And that sounds great, I'll jump in the discord asap

Taking the opportunity to call out the trash that DeepSea is, causing more issues than it claims to solve.
Even if you are a noob, following guides from https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy and following instructions on the GitHub project pages of certain homebrew applications/modifications is more than sufficient.

• Haha
Reactions: Slluxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-