zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well many of you know by now that Valve has introduced a replay function into TF2 which allows the player to save their replay and edit it and then upload the finished product onto Youtube. Since I see so many TF2 players in this place, I was wondering if anyone has come up with some great videos or clips? Would be great to share em
smile.gif

Let me stress that this thread is NOT to spam for views on your video just so you can get the achievements/hat. It is for quality videos and constructive criticism ONLY

Would also be great to see some tips and tricks for the newbies such as myself >.< I just figured out how to use the take feature. At first i thought you combined takes to form a clip but I know now that you pause and change camera angles and then resume to get shots from different angles stitched together

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any replays yet. but is it alright if I post others? Since I know for a fact the owners of the videos don't have accounts here.
[youtube]asjMpI8lKLI[/youtube][youtube]SikI5nVGQ58[/youtube][youtube]OGU95yLRcbM[/youtube]

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
I don't have any replays yet. but is it alright if I post others? Since I know for a fact the owners of the videos don't have accounts here.
[youtube]asjMpI8lKLI[/youtube][youtube]SikI5nVGQ58[/youtube][youtube]OGU95yLRcbM[/youtube]
Haha those were all pretty good. I liked the solider failure one
tongue.gif
Man i wish I had moments like these

zeromac

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't want to upload mine because it's garbage >.<
I'm also annoyed at all the TF2 floods by people just to get a hat..

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
the first soldier one was the best... but still dumb on the soli's behalf
second one, medic was TERRIBLE - not worth watching
the third one was just unfortunate for that heavy... then stupid medic healing another medic

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
No it's hardly different at all, the only difference would be a different UI and the free look mode has smooth natural aspects to its use. Apart from that it's just a glorified demo player that allows for exporting as well.
ok, i wouldnt really know. I quit playing tf2 a year ago cause the community only cares about trading items all day instead of actually playing.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
No it's hardly different at all, the only difference would be a different UI and the free look mode has smooth natural aspects to its use. Apart from that it's just a glorified demo player that allows for exporting as well.
ok, i wouldnt really know. I quit playing tf2 a year ago cause the community only cares about trading items all day instead of actually playing.
There's alot of servers where Trading is not allowed. (as in anyone who asks to trade in the server will be kicked.)
Jus' sayin'.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm afraid none of my favorite servers has the replay function enabled so I won't be able to make a replay :/

PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
This is very true, this is just the old SourceTV function with a couple of new functions. However, some of these new functions are pretty neato.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
There's alot of servers where Trading is not allowed. (as in anyone who asks to trade in the server will be kicked.)
Jus' sayin'.
That's besides the point, the fact that there have been so many items (weapons and hats) added, it has broken the shit out of the game. Adding in the whole trading concept, mann co store, more items and hats being added every couple weeks have turned what was a nifty class based, team shooter with an interesting art style into a promotion whore for new games on Steam.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PettingZoo said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
Jus' sayin'.
That's besides the point, the fact that there have been so many items (weapons and hats) added, it has broken the shit out of the game. Adding in the whole trading concept, mann co store, more items and hats being added every couple weeks have turned what was a nifty class based, team shooter with an interesting art style into a promotion whore for new games on Steam.
You need to find the right people to play with. If you find fun people that aren't completely obsessed with items you're going to find yourself enjoying Team Fortress 2 a whole lot more.

That's what I've been doing and I certainly have not stopped playing it due to some silly virtual items.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
PettingZoo said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Sir-Fritz said:
PettingZoo said:
Sir-Fritz said:
This is different
Jus' sayin'.
You need to find the right people to play with. If you find fun people that aren't completely obsessed with items you're going to find yourself enjoying Team Fortress 2 a whole lot more.

That's what I've been doing and I certainly have not stopped playing it due to some silly virtual items.
I still play it occasionally with some friends, although the fact is that a lot of these silly virtual items are imbalanced like crazy and many people use them (ie: shortstop), it just isn't the same game anymore.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
I still play it occasionally with some friends, although the fact is that a lot of these silly virtual items are imbalanced like crazy and many people use them (ie: shortstop), it just isn't the same game anymore.
I don't really see how the items are that imbalanced seeing as I generally don't have much trouble dealing with Shortstop Scouts, Black Box soldiers etc.
and if they really bug you that much there are vanilla servers out there.

QUOTE(Minox_IX @ May 14 2011, 10:05 AM) I ended up making a pretty nice replay if I dare say so

[youtube]XOg2XtTpycc[/youtube]
You should enter this in the Saxxy awards.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
ZaeZae64 said:
PettingZoo said:
I don't really see how the items are that imbalanced seeing as I generally don't have much trouble dealing with Shortstop Scouts, Black Box soldiers etc.
and if they really bug you that much there are vanilla servers out there.
The Shortstop has higher damages at mid to long range than the Scattergun, as well as dealing higher crit and mini-crit damage per pellet, coupled with these it has a higher attack speed (near half of the Scattergun) as well as 1.01 second reload time (that reloads the full 4 shots of the gun) compared to a 0.56 second reload time per shell on the Scattergun. There are many other weapons that are greatly imbalanced such as the Half-Zatoichi, Sun-on-a-Stick, Backburner, Powerjack, Back Scratcher, etc. There are just way to many since the first small batch of new weapons that were introduced in early updates, and the game has just been screwed over with too much shit.

I probably would play on some vanilla servers, although there are little to none in Australia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi