Team Fortress 2 Replays

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by zeromac, May 8, 2011.

May 8, 2011

Team Fortress 2 Replays by zeromac at 3:52 AM (1,502 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Well many of you know by now that Valve has introduced a replay function into TF2 which allows the player to save their replay and edit it and then upload the finished product onto Youtube. Since I see so many TF2 players in this place, I was wondering if anyone has come up with some great videos or clips? Would be great to share em [​IMG]

Let me stress that this thread is NOT to spam for views on your video just so you can get the achievements/hat. It is for quality videos and constructive criticism ONLY

Would also be great to see some tips and tricks for the newbies such as myself >.< I just figured out how to use the take feature. At first i thought you combined takes to form a clip but I know now that you pause and change camera angles and then resume to get shots from different angles stitched together

2. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't have any replays yet. but is it alright if I post others? Since I know for a fact the owners of the videos don't have accounts here.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

3. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    Haha those were all pretty good. I liked the solider failure one [​IMG] Man i wish I had moments like these

4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    All source games have the ability to record and view demos, and have had this for a long long time.

EDIT: Opened TF2 now, I see they've added a little Theatre mode thing to make it easier.

5. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    This is different

6. zeromac
    OP

Australia
    I don't want to upload mine because it's garbage >.<
    I'm also annoyed at all the TF2 floods by people just to get a hat..

7. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    No it's hardly different at all, the only difference would be a different UI and the free look mode has smooth natural aspects to its use. Apart from that it's just a glorified demo player that allows for exporting as well.

8. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    the first soldier one was the best... but still dumb on the soli's behalf
    second one, medic was TERRIBLE - not worth watching
    the third one was just unfortunate for that heavy... then stupid medic healing another medic

9. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    ok, i wouldnt really know. I quit playing tf2 a year ago cause the community only cares about trading items all day instead of actually playing.

10. ZaeZae64

United States
    There's alot of servers where Trading is not allowed. (as in anyone who asks to trade in the server will be kicked.)
    Jus' sayin'.

11. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I'm afraid none of my favorite servers has the replay function enabled so I won't be able to make a replay :/

This is very true, this is just the old SourceTV function with a couple of new functions. However, some of these new functions are pretty neato.

12. mariosonic

Member mariosonic GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei04ofg4HRo

The camera is focused on Engineer because I didn't notice how awesome one part was untill I uploaded it.

So instead of watching the horrible Engineer(Me),Watch that Blu Soldier that comes along pretty early in the video.

13. Minox

Sweden
    I ended up making a pretty nice replay if I dare say so

[youtube]XOg2XtTpycc[/youtube]

14. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    That's besides the point, the fact that there have been so many items (weapons and hats) added, it has broken the shit out of the game. Adding in the whole trading concept, mann co store, more items and hats being added every couple weeks have turned what was a nifty class based, team shooter with an interesting art style into a promotion whore for new games on Steam.

15. Minox

Sweden
    You need to find the right people to play with. If you find fun people that aren't completely obsessed with items you're going to find yourself enjoying Team Fortress 2 a whole lot more.

That's what I've been doing and I certainly have not stopped playing it due to some silly virtual items.

16. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I still play it occasionally with some friends, although the fact is that a lot of these silly virtual items are imbalanced like crazy and many people use them (ie: shortstop), it just isn't the same game anymore.

17. ZaeZae64

United States
    You should enter this in the Saxxy awards.

18. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    The Shortstop has higher damages at mid to long range than the Scattergun, as well as dealing higher crit and mini-crit damage per pellet, coupled with these it has a higher attack speed (near half of the Scattergun) as well as 1.01 second reload time (that reloads the full 4 shots of the gun) compared to a 0.56 second reload time per shell on the Scattergun. There are many other weapons that are greatly imbalanced such as the Half-Zatoichi, Sun-on-a-Stick, Backburner, Powerjack, Back Scratcher, etc. There are just way to many since the first small batch of new weapons that were introduced in early updates, and the game has just been screwed over with too much shit.

I probably would play on some vanilla servers, although there are little to none in Australia.