Team AtlasNX unveils PegaScape: a PegaSwitch launcher and DNS for 1.0.0-3.0.0 consoles

We already knew that @noahc3 and the rest of Team AtlasNX were up to something since Kosmos v12.1.1's release. The pixelated teaser image was clearly showing some kind of launcher but, at the time, nobody knew exactly what it was. However, the cat is now out of the bag, as the team's members have just unveiled PegaScape, complete with a video showing it in action!

PegaScape is a launch portal for PegaSwitch in the form of a custom DNS for your console. PegaSwitch alone has been out for a long time now, however, in order to run unsigned code on your console, a user would have to set it up on a machine on his network and run it locally. This is no longer the case with PegaScape, as it provides an easy to use interface with some useful bundled scripts and exploits that can be executed with the click of a button! More importantly, both the Nereba and Caffeine exploits are supported out of the box, which will provide an easy way to launch RCM payloads without the use of a jig/dongle on firmware 1.0.0 and 3.0.0 on all consoles! The latter has been announced to work on other versions, with 4.1.0 and thus patched Switch support being almost ready, however, users will have to wait until they're updated to do so: in the meantime, userland homebrew can still be executed via hbmenu.

PegaScape will work on any Switch compatible with PegaSwitch (firmware 1.0.0 requires Puyo Puyo Tetris, while later ones can use FakeNews or the Web Browser Applet methods). No release ETA has been given yet, however, an early Patreon release may come in the near future.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by RattletraPM,

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, nice that there will be a 4.1.0 support.
I will prolly stick to my current setup, sending a payload from my phone to the switch while its in autorcm.

When EmuNAND is getting released, im prolly staying offline nonetheless, there isn't really a reason to go online imo. Maybe if i win some giveaway rofl.
(The good old "go online with a pirated game" days are long gone)

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
emuNAND! This is perfect for people with lower versions of the sysNAND, then boot to a emuNAND with higher fw.
First we need safe EmuNAND (emunand without an actual cfw so that online can be safe).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So what does this do that NX and SX can't?
You never ever have to use a jig or rely on autorcm.

Reactions: HideoKojima

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First we need safe EmuNAND (emunand without an actual cfw so that online can be safe).

You never ever have to use a jig or rely on autorcm.
Now we are talking

You don't need a jig or payload to launch CFW.
I see thanks, too bad SX won't adapt this as it means no selling the usb thingy

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, slowly seeing more and more warmboot progress. Can't wait to see this make it to 4.1 as I have 2 switches on 3.0.1 and 4.0.1

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's competing with themselves though. It's like saying apple having 2 new phones at the same time for the same price except one of them is better is the same as apple having a new phone and samsung having a new phone. They can't have both at the same time, and they can't charge more for the software then the dongle, so it's better just to have a dongle. they might make something like that bundled with their fw and just kill off their dongle entirely, but then they'd make less money and that's what they're in it for.
don't forget that also have to compete with atmosphere and as it gets more features like emunand and becomes easier to use , they could lose sales , so they could implement it to give their FW the same advantage as the free solution
like i said you already do not really need a dongle it is just a nice option but if a free option has a warm boot then that not only drives people away from buying a dongle but from buying their FW altogether
and makes the free solution more attractive some people
i think t is more likely than not that will implement this , but who knows

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't forget that also have to compete with atmosphere and as it gets more features like emunand and becomes easier to use , they could lose sales , so they could implement it to give their FW the same advantage as the free solution
like i said you already do not really need a dongle it is just a nice option but if a free option has a warm boot then that not only drives people away from buying a dongle but from buying their FW altogether
and makes the free solution more attractive some people
i think t is more likely than not that will implement this , but who knows
But either way TX will lose sales over this. As they've proven that they haven't done anything for the ipatched switches and have just waited for the open-source scene to do their dirty work.

Reactions: WiiHomebrew+Snes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny