Hacking Tatsunoko Vs Capcom issue... Possibly my wii?

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a strange issue with this game, Iwhen I use the backup loader it seemingly starts as normal, it goes to the safety information screen with japanese text, I press A then it goes to a black screen and nothing happens, it freezes right at that point each time.

I am using the Wiigator 0.3 gamma backup loader, installed the accompanying cIOS files and burned the disc to a TDK DVD-R at 2x. I have tried patching it to use IOS259, and tried a 1:1 burn but neither method seemed to do anything. I'm at a loss and am almost wondering if it is my wii.

If anyone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it, it has me completely stumped.

Edit: figure I should note that the black screen contains no text, it is a pure black screen and my wii won't respond to controller input.

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
millionth topic today about this geez popular game?
well do you have any "gamecube shyt" plugged in? if you do unplug it and retry

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read the main page, and yes I realize there are a lot of topics about the game but of all the issues I've read, I haven't come across this one yet. I have no gamecube accessories, controllers or otherwise, plugged into my wii, I already read about that issue and it doesn't apply to me, it's acting more like it's incompatible rather than a bad burn.

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yonex204 said:
Are you able to plug in gamecube controller after the game loads?

I'm not sure what you mean, for reference the game and my wii become unresponsive, I can't hit the home button and I can't remotely turn it off. It's a pure freeze.

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
applejoe, he means that once the game is loaded, is it fine to plug in the gamecube stuff again.

If you mean pluggin it in and having any effect to the game, then no there is no effect when I plug in gamecube controllers, it remains frozen.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if I am not making it clear. If the game fails to load when the GC stuff is in the wii, you take it out an it will then load. Now here is my question. When it is loaded fine and you can play the game, will you be able to plug in gamecube controllers and use those?

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
whats the size of the iso file on disk...
right click select properties on the iso file....

give me the size on disk and the plain SIZE...

-kitt050383

The size on the disk says 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes), as far as I know this is size it should be, and I got it from a very reputable source.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Edgedancer @ Dec 12 2008, 09:31 AM) Sorry if I am not making it clear. If the game fails to load when the GC stuff is in the wii, you take it out an it will then load. Now here is my question. When it is loaded fine and you can play the game, will you be able to plug in gamecube controllers and use those?

If you mean me specifically I have not gotten this game to work yet, the problem is that it remains frozen completely at the start-up and will move no further. If you mean in general, I don't know if gamecube controllers are even compatible with this game which is why the error would be occurring.

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
Did you try patching it to IOS 249 ?? Cause your post above says 259...

-kitt050383

what settings are you selecting in gamma???

I may be remembering incorrectly, I'll try patching it again tomorrow but for now I'm out of blank dvds use and I'll have to get more.

As for the settings in gamma, I have tried forcing NTSC and tried it by default settings and both gave the same fatal black screen.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you installed the last CIOS included with the gamma loader ?

Because I had more or less the same problem with Mario & Sonic, and I thought the CIOS was the same for the 0.3 Beta and the Gamma version, but there are in fact differents.

So, if you didn't installed the new one included with the Gamma version, try to do it and it'll probably fix your problem like it fixed mine with Mario & Sonic (which was freezing after the safety screen).

applejoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davhuit said:
Did you installed the last CIOS included with the gamma loader ?

Because I had more or less the same problem with Mario & Sonic, and I thought the CIOS was the same for the 0.3 Beta and the Gamma version, but there are in fact differents.

So, if you didn't installed the new one included with the Gamma version, try to do it and it'll probably fix your problem like it fixed mine with Mario & Sonic (which was freezing after the safety screen).

Thanks for the helpful reply, I tried installing the cIOS for gamma again, directly from wiigator, and I'm still getting the same results. I really have no idea what the issue could be and I highly doubt it's a bad dump but I'll try getting a new one and hopefully post the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay