Gaming Taskbar position

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My screen being the size it is, I don't use auto-hide any more. I also remember on our really old computer (back when 1GB was huge, and we on top of that we had a 10GB drive
laugh.gif
), I used to have auto-hide on, and I also sometimes switched between having the taskbar at the top or at the bottom (or sometimes when I messed about, having it as big as it would go so it took up more than half the screen).

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have it at the bottom due to a habit of mine I guess. Don't really care where it's at, but I'm too used to having it there for me to even consider changing the location of it.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WildWon said:
BiscuitBee said:
Top!
*snip*
ALT+SPACE > M > Down Arrow > Move Mouse

Amen to top. I think it'd due to my Mac usage at work... it's natural placement heh.

That little description is a godsend. I haven't had too many problems with that as of recent, other than mIRC for some reason opening w/ the bar under my task bar... at which point i unlock the taskbar, drag to bottom, move IRC, regrag task bar, relock... but i'll have to try this next time.

You win.
grog.gif
It works for resizing windows, too!
ALT+SPACE > S > Any Arrow Key(s) > Move Mouse
Down Arrow: Resize from bottom
Right Arrow: Resize from right
Down and Right Arrow: Resize from corner

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I have mine at the bottom, on auto-hide. That way, I only have to see it when I really want to.

...I wish people were more like that sometimes.
tongue.gif

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep it on the bottom. As for having a lot of windows open, well that's what virtual desktops are for. Even when I have to use windows I use a program that gives me virtual desktops. I simply can't live without them anymore.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
BiscuitBee said:
Top!
*snip*

Amen to top. I think it'd due to my Mac usage at work... it's natural placement heh.

That little description is a godsend. I haven't had too many problems with that as of recent, other than mIRC for some reason opening w/ the bar under my task bar... at which point i unlock the taskbar, drag to bottom, move IRC, regrag task bar, relock... but i'll have to try this next time.

You win.
grog.gif

Why not just:
Win+Down Arrow (if maximized[/b)]?

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
I have mine at the bottom, I honestly don't understand how you need to have 20 things at the same time unless you use really old programs which need to be opened multiple time(eg no tabs)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
WildWon said:
BiscuitBee said:
Top!
*snip*

You win.
grog.gif

Why not just:
Win+Down Arrow (if maximized[/b)]?

Because it's not maximized. When i open a new IRC window, it's a free-floating window that's stuck under the task bar.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just used to using the bottom and have got into the habit of not having many windows open at any time (due to 512mb of ram) and I used to own a broken laptop with 256mb ram

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol