Tanooki

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by vashgs, Jan 10, 2010.

1. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Hope it all goes well [​IMG]

2. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    How are people extracting the savegames??

3. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Savegame Manager, I would expect. Since your question points toward it can't use the savegame copied by the System Menu.

4. longtom1

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    Tried both but didn't give me a .sav file might have done something wrong

5. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Use Savegame Manager. It'll export a folder with 'wiimj2d.sav' in it. That's what you open in Tanooki.

6. TrapperKeeperX

TrapperKeeperX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2005
    United States
    Does anyone have a Mirror to v1.2 of Tanooki? The site isn't working right now.

7. longtom1

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
    Just visited the site and downloaded Ver1.2 nothing wrong with the site

8. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Site hasn't had any downtime in a very long time.

9. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    burrrrmp.

10. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    did you really just bump your own thread after only 12 hours?

11. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Yup, and now I'm doing it again. Oh teh noes!

12. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    congrats!!

I will be releasing my savegame editor then soon.
    I think I won't be lazy and condecending and will actually include the data that Treeki has contributed.

13. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Have a good time. I politely thanked him for his contribution. I didn't need it. It's already all documented by Virus and myself and it was decided against as a design choice. It's just silly.

We have thousands of users and multiple releases that we're constantly working on. I'm glad I had the time to work with NSMBWii as much as I have, but I don't have the time to program pointless features at the request of one or two users. It's not like the bulk of the information isn't there. You have the ability to unlock all levels, marked as completed, and have all star coins. Allowing to pick and choose which ones is just silly. You can't pass a level in NSMBWii but you can operate a homebrew save editor? I'm not even sure that scenario would happen...ever. The likelyhood of that occuring is enough to discourage us from adding in the option to select which levels are beaten and to what extent.

As always, I wish you all the luck in the world in your release. More options is only better for the community.

Bye then,
    -Vash

14. megazig

megazig SU

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    You don't know the format very well it seems. You have set all levels including ones that should not have the bits set to 0x17. That leaves out secret exits as being completed for each level. you also allow all 10 worlds to be available. [​IMG] That's right, all 10 worlds you set availble. My last point will be the bitfield that signifies how much of the game is completed. Having not touched the secret exits, I'm not surprised you couldn't set that either. So, if your goal is for completion, then you have failed to achieve your goal. Next time, please get off your high horse and take some helpful info.

15. vashgs
    OP

vashgs GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    I'm sorry you are so dissatisfied with the product. Again, I do not have time to go back and cater to the requests of one or two users. Please go write your own savegame editor and make it infinitely better than Tanooki and release it to your massive userbase and become a hacking legend. I thanked him for his contribution. Treeki has no problem with me, nor I with him. We've talked via PM a couple of times, he's been very respectful of my work, and I see no reason for you to be here, really. Go be a fanboy in the Reggie! topic.

I'll give you the same response I gave Treeki before you even posted a single thing:

Thank you for the contribution to the topic, but I am not interested in adding the features you've mentioned.

-Vash

16. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States
    You are a really sick attention whore. Your userbase can't be big either if you need to bump your thread every few hours to the first page [​IMG]

17. EdgarAllen

EdgarAllen Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    bump...

18. GolfDude

GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    say hello to mr ban hammer

19. vashgs