Gaming Tales of Symphonia -sequel Wii

Arch Feline

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk. I watched and listened to every cutscene and skit. Now that it is coming out in English I am far more excited than I would be if I had waited because now I get to find out what the characters were saying and I get to find out what the hints were.

Are there other Tales of Symphonia fans here?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i just completed ToS 2
frown.gif

I just can't understand how ppl can actually say this one is the worst ToS ... i pretty much loved the game ! only bad things were that i knew barely every location (they didn't change all to much from the NGC version) and i think i would have liked it even more if i did not already do all the temples in ToS 1

I am thinking of doing a 2nd play trough thaught because i only got like 16% of the monsters and there were even several monsters i didn't see once (well in ToS 1 after 3 playtrought i was still not at 100%
sleep.gif
)

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Youkai said:
frown.gif

I just can't understand how ppl can actually say this one is the worst ToS ... i pretty much loved the game ! only bad things were that i knew barely every location (they didn't change all to much from the NGC version) and i think i would have liked it even more if i did not already do all the temples in ToS 1

I am thinking of doing a 2nd play trough thaught because i only got like 16% of the monsters and there were even several monsters i didn't see once (well in ToS 1 after 3 playtrought i was still not at 100%
sleep.gif
)

Err, there is only 2 ToS, and it is pretty obvious the first one is better, so yes it is the worst ToS, that was obvious before it was even announced. It is a decent game it is far from great though. the hero is a whiney little moron, you cannot level the great characters from ToS and the monster catching is tacky.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well of my mistake its not about ToS but the whole tales of series ....

I played most Tales of Games (at least the older ones) and i don't see how ToS 2 is the worst Tales of game

and i think ToS 2 is better than 1 even thaught i am missing the free world (which annoyed me the most in all tales of games XD) was allways nice to find some hidden places and such

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm losing faith in the tos series. every tos game i've ever played has sucked. i simply do not like the battle system it is terrible. and it never changes

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
frown.gif

sleep.gif
)
i got it the first day it came out and i have not played ToS 1 and i'm enjoying the game. Ive took a break from it for CoD WAW and AC but i'm getting back into it tonight
happy.gif
on chapter 4 atm

Xta Large

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing it for a little while and so far its done absolutely nothing to discern itself from typical JRPG fare. Sure, the battle system is always fun (moreso here than in the GC game because this battle system isn't as linear), but my god could they have supplied the game with worse voice acting? The hero is apathetic and bitchy most of the time, the story so far has been utterly cliche, the visuals haven't been improved one iota (at least that filter is gone), etc.

I'm really hoping everything picks up - I've only played about six hours in so far.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished it and enjoyed it, but I can't say I'm in love with the game. I adored the first, but it was a different place in time. The game should satisfy younger RPG gamers, but the dialogue is a little hard to forgive this time around. The first one wasn't any less silly, but the underlying message was pretty deep.

Still, the battle system is as fun as it ever was, even if they give you way too much power. The hi-ougis and unison attacks are too spammable this time around, the inns now all only charge 100, you manage to get even more gald than before. But it's still fun in spite of those things. I just wish they'd updated the production. The sound effects, music and graphics have not aged well, and the new character models are PS2-tacular.

Worth a playthrough, but it's not a great sequel, in my opinion.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's great game definitely. But it definitely does *not* compare to the original Tales of Symphonia, or Abyss for that matter. The cutscenes are damn too long when using Mystic Artes too >.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most people who haven't played the first will enjoy it a lot more than those who have. I loved the first GC game and played it none stop from start to finish but personally for me got really bored after a few hours with this game.

There isn't anything new about it & seasoned RPG players will feel like I've played this game many times before already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: