::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Try reading the thread...

EDIT: By thread, I mean the content not the title.
oops.My mistake
biggrin.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hrm. If someone could PM exactly what I need to edit text/sprites I could do a simple menu translation. Makes everything easier for those that can't read Japanese.

Speaking of which, anyone notice that the level of Kanji in this game is of a higher level than most Japanese games?

D

Deleted User

Hmm, I'm confused.
A lot of you are saying Tales of the Tempest was awful?
I mean, I prefer Innocence, but what was wrong with the Tempest?
It had good graphics for the DS, touch screen for battles, and the top screen wasn't completely "Cluttered" like some people say
blink.gif

I mean, I understand Innocence is better but I wouldn't say ANY Tales of game is awful
nyanya.gif

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I'm confused.
A lot of you are saying Tales of the Tempest was awful?
I mean, I prefer Innocence, but what was wrong with the Tempest?
From what I've heard, Tales of the Tempest is extremely short. It can be completed in less than 10 hours without cheating, and the story is pretty linear and predictable.

I haven't actually played more than the first 30 minutes of it myself (a translation would REALLY help that) but if what people are saying is true, I'd agree. I mean, the very first game in the series (ToP for SNES) took me more than twice that time to complete and had fairly decent storyline.

Back on topic, has anyone located the text data in either of these games? Does it have an english font, and is the format easy to understand? I could probably throw together a tool quickly if it is.

mattyb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I translation of this would be useful as I just decided to start playing it and its awkward to understand where to go and what to do. I know translations are hard and time consuming and it's only by choice that people will do them which i find extremely fair. But if I had any game translation skills then I'd gladly lend a hand but I don't and it is a skill that only a few people possess. Anyway back on topic I started playing tempest however after 20mins or so I got bored and frustrated that I didn't know what to do and the game just didn't excite me.

Benni-chan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Back on topic, has anyone located the text data in either of these games? Does it have an english font, and is the format easy to understand? I could probably throw together a tool quickly if it is.
I took a quick look at the files and found the whole dialogues. It's all written in Japanese Font and so far I haven't found an english font. (The .scr files in the dir facechat.)
I'm pretty new to rom hacking, but as soon as I have more time, I want to try to find ways to include english text.

mattyb89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I took a quick look at the files and found the whole dialogues. It's all written in Japanese Font and so far I haven't found an english font. (The .scr files in the dir facechat.)
I'm pretty new to rom hacking, but as soon as I have more time, I want to try to find ways to include english text.

[/quote]

I had a quick look at the files in the game but I was just looking in the titlemenu folder and all I found were arc files and I couldn't discover anyway of opening or viewing them however I'm also very new at rom hacking so I'm glad someone else was able to find the dialogue good luck with finding a way to include English text keep me updated with your progress thankyou.

Benni-chan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so, is anyone working on a translation patch for this?
as i said, as soon as i have a little more time (in around two weeks maybe), i will take a closer look to the gamefiles. I can't promise anything, as I am pretty new to rom hacking. If anyone has some experience, I would gladly accept every help i could get
wink.gif

(at the moment I'm searching for the menu text. i think for the first patch, they would have first priority.)

metroplex2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id help if I could dude, but I have no knowledge of how to do that, but I will say you are awesome for trying, good luck to you. You know, BelmontSlayer is almost finished with the FF4 translation patch, they did it in 4 days, you should ask him if he'll help you. He's got 2 friends that are helping him.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello people~^^ I started to work on the translation of TOI. well, will start on it. like, right now. But i need a little help.
Now i saw people's replies saying this game has huge amount of text, so the translation will finish after it comes out in the US. But I believe not, because not only text, but there are lots of voice in this game, too. So re-dubbing should make this game longer than explected. Also, by looking at the rate of when namco translate and sells it in US and everywhere, it took exactly 6 month for each games/ there were only about 9?? out of 15 games out....

and well i really want to finish translating, and also made a new post. I really need help building a table, because windhex, the hex editor that i use cannot read freaken japanese so making this table is confusing...

well, take a look at my post.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I don't think there will be a fully translated patch because of the masses of text and complex Japanese but there are plenty of translation guides out there. To find them you just have to lrn2google.
Hopefully it will be translated by Namco... It's a great game with great GFX so it will sell in the masses when it comes out in English. The only reason NOT to translate it is if the storyline sucks, we wouldn't want to read something that sucks, right? =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1