Taking screenshots on DeSuME.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by bobwuzhere1224, Aug 18, 2011.

Aug 18, 2011
  1. bobwuzhere1224
    OP

Member bobwuzhere1224 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it possible? And if so How do I go about doing it?

2. Blazer

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    File-> Quick screenshot will take a screenshot and stick it in the "Screenshots" folder of Desmume (wherever your emulator is, should be a folder called Screenshots, "Quick screenshots" automatically go there). They have time stamps for the file names.

You can also save a screenshot anywhere else with like "Save Screenshot as..." or whatever it's called--this is off the top of my head so I might have got the names wrong, but it's kind of obvious.

Be sure to use the latest version of Desmume.

3. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    File > "you can see screenshoot"

Save Screenshot as... is for save you screenshot will ask you saved a screenshot on ....

[​IMG]

If you want use quick screenshot you must set path for saving screenshot.

[​IMG]

:>
    [​IMG]

4. bobwuzhere1224
    OP

United States
  5. Gericom

Member Gericom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    And when you want to record a video you have to click 'Record AVI'.

6. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    There's a button on your keyboard for that.

[​IMG]

It puts a copy of the screen into clipboard so you can paste it into any image editor. You can also hold the 'Alt' key while pressing it to capture only the current window.

Why do people no know this?!!!

7. bobwuzhere1224
    OP

United States
    Because I was only asking how on the DeSuME program, not the actual computer. Please read next time before posting snarky comments.

8. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom

As I mentioned, Alt + 'Prt Scn' = only the activated window. You do not need any inbuilt function of an emulator to capture the screen when your operating system already does it.

If desmume is the currently selected window, pressing the key combination will result in ONLY THAT WINDOW being copied to the clipboard. Not to mention it is easier.

9. Blazer

Member Blazer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't agree. Alt+Prt Sc on my computer does the Desmume window including the menus and border. If I want a picture of the game and only the game, I'd have to go into Paint or something and cut out the rest of it, which is a pain, time-consuming, and takes precision, whereas two clicks can get me a screenshot showing just the game, 4-5 if I want to choose where to save it and with what name. :\

Not to mention after Alt+Prt Sc you have to copy it elsewhere and then save it again. Seems like more work to me. But maybe that's just my opinion.

Still, knowing how to use print screen is pretty valuable, I agree on that much :\

10. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    This question mean : " taking screeshot on inside desmume not desmume itself..." , anyway alternative you can using snagIt or another 3rd screenshot tools... (is more custom-able than click PrtSc ON keyboard")