Taking Apart GBA Games

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by fixed, Sep 5, 2007.

Sep 5, 2007

Taking Apart GBA Games by fixed at 1:49 AM (1,257 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fixed
    OP

Newcomer fixed Newbie

United States
    I've done enough lurking now, it's time to speak out.

Is there a guide or some sort of tutorial showing you how safely take apart a GBA game? I tried to take apart some of my fake games that don't save (like FFVI [​IMG] ) and see what the manufactures did to the battery, but it seems that taking out the back screw of the game cart is not enough. Is it possible to replace their horrible game save battery with a good battery; soldered in or not.

I've looked on yahoo, google, and even youtube for some sort of way to do it, but no luck.

2. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    i did one of my friend's game, it wouldnt save and it was Link to the past, it was not original, one of fakes that make in china maybe.

in that time i had some research and some resellers was selling the battery already solded to some pair of irons so you just install those iron parts in your game and take your old battery with its connectors away.

as said, i couldnt buy them so i did solder it myself and it was hard.
    please be cautious when soldering that if you mess with battery alot when soldering, you could get it so hot and it will explode.
    one more thing was i couldnt fit it in my gamepack completely at last and it had some space open.

please be careful not to harm urself.

3. janitormane

Newcomer janitormane Advanced Member

United States
    You have to slide the cartridge down before it opens.

4. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    I suck at opening up GBA Carts... I broke my cousin's Sapphire trying. [​IMG]

~Nero