• Views 64,442
  • Replies 120
  • Likes 25

fgh_761

Trophies
XP
Country
China
sorry,but how can I mod my game on 9.2? It looks like devmenu is useless on 9.2 so I cant remove update restriction :(
:cry:

taikodojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have released something like this for PSvita, and I'd like to port that for switch, but I'm not sure it's doable. The files that tell the game which songs to try and load are now encrypted. Probably because of this mod. The game code itself would have to be patched for this to work again.

I can't post links yet, use google if you want the vita version.

ibby2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how do i get 3ds songs onto the switch version, and is there any in depth tutorials on getting songs from the wiiu and 3ds games

surloinllama3

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just wanted to mention a few things that might help.
-The base(no updates) English version of the switch game works perfectly fine.
-Don't use an old excel version for the songlist. Googlesheets works fine if nothing else
-You need xmltodict module for python if you want the WIIU dlc songs.(pipinstall)
-Goldleaf 0.9 dev can be used to remove update nag.

-To get the Switch DLC songs to work you need to manually pull the song files(song,fumen folders) from the update file and put them in your romfs(or in hindsight the switch folder). Then you need to go into the datatable folder of that folder extract musicinfo.bin, worldlist.bin, add the entries for the DLC songs and finally compress the files in gzip and change the file extension to .bin.

-WII 4&5 work fine with a few adjustments, you need to grab nus3bank-editor, a hex editor and NUBExt_r12beta and a .drp extractor/repacker. I used the wiiu dlc folder to insert the songs using the song inserter. Create a folder and follow the format of any wiiu song folder. The only files you need are fumen, musicinfo.drp and a nus3bank. The beatmaps can be simply dragged and sorted into the solo and duet folders and musicinfo(borrow the musicinfo from a wii u song) can be edited with the drpextractor(there will be some missing song info but they can be edited later through the romfs worldlist.bin). To get the songs to work, use the nub extractor to get an idsp file which you can then insert into a WII U song. I used a WII U song that had the same length file name. After that, open up your new nus3bank in a hex editor and replace the two song names. Inserting the songs first before hexediting avoided the problem of infinite song. Once you're done place the song folder into any wiiu dlc folder and run the inserter.

-PS4 is a similar procedure as wii4&5 with some minor differences. If you are running the ps4 songs through the song inserter through the WIIU folder, you need Taiko Wii 4+ Fumen Endianness Converter, some of the fumen are in little endian and must be converted to big endian or else the song inserter will try to convert them into little endian from little endian and fail. Extract the idsp or wav from the PS4 nus3bank instead of from a nub file. If you're having issues with nus3bank-editor 2.20 DanSyor (I got errors with converting to IDSP) there is a fork of the editor by despairoharmony/NUS3BANK-Editor. Using this fork of the editor should allow songs to end.

-3DS is similar to above methods but there are a few differences here as well. The fumen are compressed in lz11 so you will need to find a tool to decompress them. The songs are .aac but still work fine with the same wii u song donor methods. The first 3ds game has it's fumen in a file called packed. There's a bms script floating around on another forum that can unpack it.

-VITA is also similar to above but you'll need Taiko no Tsujin V Tools by Nagato to extract the songs for the base game and to decompress the fumen which are in I7C.

If you have issues with extracting songs, use foobar with vgmstream to play and convert the nus3banks,idsp to wav.

If you want to know more, despairofharmony wrote a nice guide for converting taiko songs for psvita which is a really useful aid for switch users as well.

Last edited by surloinllama3,
Reactions: EmEE

EmEE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running the ps4 songs through the song inserter through the WIIU folder, you need Taiko Wii 4+ Fumen Endianness Converter, some of the fumen are in little endian and must be converted to big endian or else the song inserter will try to convert them into little endian from little endian and fail.

I'd suggest just disabling the converter in my tool instead. I had to make modifications to the converter as some of the variables were incorrect when I was making this.

Reactions: surloinllama3

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just find this post and wow it's look great ! I don't know a thing about hex and stuff but I will definitly try to make it work. Thank you :)

I just wanted to mention a few things that might help.
-The base(no updates) English version of the switch game works perfectly fine.
-Don't use an old excel version for the songlist. Googlesheets works fine if nothing else
-You need xmltodict module for python if you want the WIIU dlc songs.(pipinstall)
-Goldleaf 0.9 dev can be used to remove update nag.

-To get the Switch DLC songs to work you need to manually pull the song files(song,fumen folders) from the update file and put them in your romfs(or in hindsight the switch folder). Then you need to go into the datatable folder of that folder extract musicinfo.bin, worldlist.bin, add the entries for the DLC songs and finally compress the files in gzip and change the file extension to .bin.

-WII 4&5 work fine with a few adjustments, you need to grab nus3bank-editor, a hex editor and NUBExt_r12beta and a .drp extractor/repacker. I used the wiiu dlc folder to insert the songs using the song inserter. Create a folder and follow the format of any wiiu song folder. The only files you need are fumen, musicinfo.drp and a nus3bank. The beatmaps can be simply dragged and sorted into the solo and duet folders and musicinfo(borrow the musicinfo from a wii u song) can be edited with the drpextractor(there will be some missing song info but they can be edited later through the romfs worldlist.bin). To get the songs to work, use the nub extractor to get an idsp file which you can then insert into a WII U song. I used a WII U song that had the same length file name. After that, open up your new nus3bank in a hex editor and replace the two song names. Inserting the songs first before hexediting avoided the problem of infinite song. Once you're done place the song folder into any wiiu dlc folder and run the inserter.

-PS4 is a similar procedure as wii4&5 with some minor differences. If you are running the ps4 songs through the song inserter through the WIIU folder, you need Taiko Wii 4+ Fumen Endianness Converter, some of the fumen are in little endian and must be converted to big endian or else the song inserter will try to convert them into little endian from little endian and fail. Extract the idsp or wav from the PS4 nus3bank instead of from a nub file. If you're having issues with nus3bank-editor 2.20 DanSyor (I got errors with converting to IDSP) there is a fork of the editor by despairoharmony/NUS3BANK-Editor. Using this fork of the editor should allow songs to end.

-3DS is similar to above methods but there are a few differences here as well. The fumen are compressed in lz11 so you will need to find a tool to decompress them. The songs are .aac but still work fine with the same wii u song donor methods. The first 3ds game has it's fumen in a file called packed. There's a bms script floating around on another forum that can unpack it.

-VITA is also similar to above but you'll need Taiko no Tsujin V Tools by Nagato to extract the songs for the base game and to decompress the fumen which are in I7C.

If you have issues with extracting songs, use foobar with vgmstream to play and convert the nus3banks,idsp to wav.

If you want to know more, despairofharmony wrote a nice guide for converting taiko songs for psvita which is a really useful aid for switch users as well.

Thanks a lot for this. Where can I find despairofharmony's guide please ? :) Thank you

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Been a week on this. For a beginner not a single step is easy. I tried to extract switch game's file with hactool and end up with several nca and xml file. But no romfs folder for now.... If I make it through this I will make a detailled tutorial since it's not easy at all.

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally was able to make it work ! Just got a bug with songs name in the game. There is no title...

Maybe japanese caracters encoding issue ?

Is there still someone here anyway ?

Last edited by JuliusCesarus,

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so it's working. It's strange but I tried to put all the song from wiiu1 2 & 3 for a total of 300+ songs and it's working.

Well.... I have no title for the customs songs. They are empty. I tried to put only one song and still got the problem. Tried to edit musiclist.bin and still got the issu.

Whatever if someone wants to know how to get there I'm happy to help to this point.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my friend @Glyptofane has Taiko no Tatsujin (the one on the switch that is). I think he even got a drum set as it was a legit purchase, but I've never played the series, so I don't know if it can be played with a regular controller. nice thread.

surloinllama3

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay so it's working. It's strange but I tried to put all the song from wiiu1 2 & 3 for a total of 300+ songs and it's working.

Well.... I have no title for the customs songs. They are empty. I tried to put only one song and still got the problem. Tried to edit musiclist.bin and still got the issu.

Whatever if someone wants to know how to get there I'm happy to help to this point.

Your songs might be blank because the song limit is 200. I'm not sure about the issues of going over the limit but this might be one of them. Use the trimmer.py(If I recall correctly) and the spreadsheet to cut it down to 200 songs.

As for when you tried to add one song:
I believe blank titles can happen when there's a mistake with the wordlist.bin or musicinfo.bin. Make sure there isn't any typos or formatting errors such as missing curly brackets, commas or a comma at the end of the list. Also check if the ids(musicinfo) matches the end word of the 3 key entries(worldlist).

Matching eg.
Musicinfo: "id":"hmsdns",
Wordlist: "key":"song_hmsdns", "key":"song_detail_hmsdns", "key":"song_sub_hmsdns".

Also make sure each song has a unique uniqueid and order.

I'd suggest starting from the base game again and either:
1. Adding the wii u songs using song inserter and using the trimmer for 200 songs.
2. Try to add one song again and copy pasting the formatting from one of the base game songs, replacing the values with the custom song and going over it with a fine comb making sure everything matches and there's no typos.

PS. I'm unable to make links yet but if you google despairofharmony taiko in one of the reddit threads is a pastebin link to the guide.

Last edited by surloinllama3,

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you for your answer !

I tried to check all the JSON and thoses file are valid JSON. I also tried to check the file content and unfortunatly everything seems alright :

musicinfo
"uniqueId":194,
"id":"shing2",
"songFileName":"sound/SONG_SHING2",

wordlist
{
"key":"song_shing2",
"japaneseText":"紅蓮の弓矢",
"englishUsText":"Guren no Yumiya",
"englishUsFontType":3
},
{
"key":"song_detail_shing2",
"japaneseText":"",
"englishUsText":"紅蓮の弓矢",
"englishUsFontType":0
},
{
"key":"song_sub_shing2",
"japaneseText":"",
"englishUsText":"From \" Shingeki no Kyojin \"",
"englishUsFontType":3
},

And THEN thanks to you I find the answer ! Problem is I'm running the european game with french language. Since there is no frenchText and frenchFontType that's why no title was on the game songs list :)

So now I got the game with 300+ songs and it seems to work. I will beta test it and see if it's working or if I do have to limit the songs to 200.

Thank you anyway :)

Edit : Ok so as the mod's creator saids some songs will not working if thesongs list is above 200

JuliusCesarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay find the solution.

In case someone is interrested here is a pretty small tutorial with all the steps :

If you want to insert custom songs from WiiU games + WiiU games DLC into Switch game.

STEP 1 : Preparation

Grab english version of taiko no tatsujin on switch and extract it in a "switch" folder.
Grab WiiU's versions of taiko no tatsujin on WiiU and extract it. There are 3 taiko's games on WiiU so extract thoses games in 3 differents folder "wiiu1" "wiiu2" wiiu3".
If you want to add WiiU games DLC grab them and put them in folders "wiiu1dlc" "wiiu2dlc" and "wiiu3dlc".
Grab the mod's files taikov2.zip on the first page of this thread and extract it inside the folder you are working in.

You should have something like that :

\switch\
\wiiu1\
\wiiu1dlc\
\wiiu2\
\wiiu2dlc\
\wiiu3\
\wiiu3dlc\
\musicinfo.py
\trimmer.py
\word_insert

To be sure everythings is ok you must have in your "switch" folder a "Data" folder. And in every "wiiu" folder you must have 3 folders : "code" "content" and "meta"

STEP 2 : Run Python's script

You need python3 installed on your computer to run the mod's script. Google "python 3 download" download it and install it.
Run musicinfo.py with command prompt. It will says that the 200 limit is reach. You will find a song.csv file next to musicinfo.py in your working folder and a new folder called "romfs"

Open songs.csv with something like notepad++ but not with excel since it will add extra double quote on your file and you don't want that.
Delete line on your songs.csv untill you get 199 music at most.
Save and close your songs.csv file.

Now run trimmer.py with command prompt.
And your "romfs" folder should be fine.

Note : if you want to play only with 1 player you are done. If you want to play with 2 players you need to do something :
Grad this file \switch\Data\NX\datatable\enso_chara.bin
Copy/paste/replace it inside \romfs\Data\NX\datatable\

STEP 3 : Switch

Copy/paste the "romfs" folder inside \atmosphere\content\01002C000B552000\ so you must have \atmosphere\contents\01002C000B552000\romfs\
And that's it.

Note : you may encounter severals issues while doing all this. Ask here if you find yourself stuck.

Reactions: surloinllama3

taiko_love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to extract demo_position from musicinfo.drp in WiiU (DLC). However, we didn't get that information. Let me know where it is stored.

thiagohc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this is not worth anymore, as the unmodded Taiko has almost 400 songs available.
When this mod was created, there was only a few official dlc packs, so, adding more songs from WiiU made more sense back then.
Having to downgrade the game to add WiiU songs and miss out other 200 official songs is not worth.
Unless you decide to install both JP and EU versions of the game and keep one official and the other modded.

I really miss playing Netsujou no Spectrum though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated