System transfers and installed internal games

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Schizoanalysis, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Hi,

I have a question. If I have a 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 installed on it (it came free with the console).
    And I have an old 3DS with ambassador status. Both from the same region.

And I do a system transfer and transfer my ambassador status (and downloaded games) from my old 3DS to my new 3DS XL (with Mario Kart 7 installed internally), will I loose Mario Kart 7? Will it be overwritten and disappear?

Thanks!

2. Keo-Spin1080

Newcomer Keo-Spin1080 Member

United Kingdom
    As far as I know. All content is tied to a console rather that an account like PSN/XBL which allows you to redownload onto a newer system. So as long as you continue to use the MK7 3ds you will be golden.

Also you can just redownload off the eshop if you accidentally wiped it.

This is pure conjecture of course and I propose you email Nintendo directly about it. I hear they have good customer support.

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    if you transfer everything to the mario console it will all transfer and leave mario game intact, it will not delete anything of the console receiving
    it will merge it into 1

be aware that the mario game pre installed can never leave that console so you cannot transfer it off at another date
    it is locked to that console and only that console, but everything else will be able to be transferred 4 more times

4. Sychophantom

Member Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    I know the DSi XL with preinstalled games did that, but I'm not certain if the 3DS preinstalled do. I think they transfer to another 3DS since the 3DS to 3DS transfer is an all-or-nothing thing.

I could be wrong, though. I have not done a system transfer myself.