System Menu 4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by moriphiend, Apr 8, 2009.

1. moriphiend
    OP

moriphiend Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    is there any way to batch covert wads to the content.bin format used in System Menu 4?

2. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Install it and copy it to your SD. Thereon you will find the content.bin.

3. moriphiend
    OP

moriphiend Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    i found that worked (other than WAD Manager suddenly doesn't like my card) but is there a way to do it with another app on a PC instead of installing several WADs just to move and delete?

4. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    No, there currently isn't a way because the content has to be custom signed by your wii.

In theory you could dump your private key and create a program that could use that to encrypt the data from wads... but no such program exists currently.

5. Det1re

Det1re det1re.de

Oct 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    As to my knowledge, there is no application for now. What would be the reason in converting WAD's to content.bin's?

6. moriphiend
    OP

moriphiend Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    I got system menu 4 working but WAD Manager gives me the ERROR (ret = -1) no matter what card I use. I even tried USB Storage and my SD Gecko and all 3 worked before. I have had trouble with wad manager 1.3 before, but even 1.21 is doing it

7. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Less steps.

Oh also I don't think it'll be possible because the wii also needs the titleID installed for it to run anything from SD.

Though I guess you could get a batch program to make the encrpyted files for SD, and another program for wii that batch installs titleIDs for files made with the first program... it'd still be a lot of work to make.

8. moriphiend
    OP

moriphiend Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    any other tools you would recommend trying for installing wads? I could do it manually if WAD Manager would be friendlier

9. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    I recommend Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4. Not only does it actually work with USB devices, but it can be loaded directly from preloader.