Hacking System Menu 4

moriphiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found that worked (other than WAD Manager suddenly doesn't like my card) but is there a way to do it with another app on a PC instead of installing several WADs just to move and delete?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there currently isn't a way because the content has to be custom signed by your wii.

In theory you could dump your private key and create a program that could use that to encrypt the data from wads... but no such program exists currently.

moriphiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got system menu 4 working but WAD Manager gives me the ERROR (ret = -1) no matter what card I use. I even tried USB Storage and my SD Gecko and all 3 worked before. I have had trouble with wad manager 1.3 before, but even 1.21 is doing it

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less steps.

Oh also I don't think it'll be possible because the wii also needs the titleID installed for it to run anything from SD.

Though I guess you could get a batch program to make the encrpyted files for SD, and another program for wii that batch installs titleIDs for files made with the first program... it'd still be a lot of work to make.

moriphiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any other tools you would recommend trying for installing wads? I could do it manually if WAD Manager would be friendlier

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
moriphiend said:
any other tools you would recommend trying for installing wads? I could do it manually if WAD Manager would be friendlier
I recommend Channel File Manager 2.0 BETA 4. Not only does it actually work with USB devices, but it can be loaded directly from preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative