System folder Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TheMagicMan, Sep 21, 2016.

1. TheMagicMan
    OP

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    Hello Homebrew world :D

I just recently installed homebrew running with loadiine gtx(or whatever its called). When putting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my SD card I saw a unusual folder. Besides the basic 3 folders required for a game to launch(I think), (Code, Meta, and Data) there was a system folder. This folder had a folder named 02 in it with the following files: title.cert, title.tik, and title.tmd. Are these files important for the game to run, and what are they?

Last edited by TheMagicMan, Sep 21, 2016
  2. TheMagicMan
    OP

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    Also, other people in my house that use the wiiu with their own accounts. If I do anything to this wiiu, could it potentially affect their accounts or gameplay?

3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    This won't affect your console at all, since you aren't installing anything in it. So, no worries about some part of the system being affected.

As for the other question, I'm not sure. Someone else should answer that, sorry.

4. TheMagicMan
    OP

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    I think they're needed. I ran the game aaaaaaand black screen :(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

They look to be used by a program named NUSGrabber. Can someone direct me towards this program?

5. DarkJediRey

DarkJediRey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2016
    United States
    you can use those files to decrpyt the .app files that nusgrabber downloads to turn them into three folders...code/content/meta. if you have those folders already, those files you mentioned are not necessary to load the game. but you can keep them for future archiving on your pc

6. TheMagicMan
    OP

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    It didn't come with a .app file :/ Guess i'll just have to re download it since i deleted it thinking it would work.

7. DarkJediRey

DarkJediRey GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2016
    United States
    no, what i'm saying is that nusgrabber dl's a bunch of files individually. then you use a method to decrypt those files to make three folders. i assume you did not use nusgrabber to obtain your game. (pls don't share how you did) all you need is the code, content, and meta folders to load in loadiine gx2. check the loadiine compatibility page for MH3 and read this

Last edited by DarkJediRey, Sep 21, 2016
  8. TheMagicMan
    OP

TheMagicMan A Person

Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    Oh Whoops, I am an idiot XD. Kaspersky runs a scan on any sd card I insert. I couldn't move over the content folder becuase it was scanning and forgot to move it after it was done. Thank god i figured out that soon :P