Hacking System Files are corrupted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zetta_x
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,722
  • Replies Replies 35
Okay, that means if necessary, we can replace your SYSCONF file. However, before you start deleting channels and replacing files, make sure it isn't a mail brick. When you get to the Health Screen, hold + and -, then A. Keep holding them until something happens. If you can get into Maintenance Mode, that means it is just a mail brick. There is a way to fix it without losing all your channels and saves, but you loose all messages no matter what.
 
Unfortunately there was no health screen when booting up on the bricked nand.bin, still want me to try? I don't think the wii controllers fully initialized either
 
Unfortunately there was no health screen when booting up on the bricked nand.bin, still want me to try? I don't think the wii controllers fully initialized either
My bad, missed that.

See if you can enter the Wii Settings using SE GUI.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
If I can acquire knowledge with the risk being losing a near five year old wii, I will go for it. I am restoring my bricked nand back to see if we can fix it.

I mean... I could of just flashed the 2010 nand, added my backed up wii game saves, re-installed all of the new IOS's... but what fun is that?

Will try it soon Joostin
 
If I can acquire knowledge with the risk being losing a near five year old wii, I will go for it. I am restoring my bricked nand back to see if we can fix it.

I mean... I could of just flashed the 2010 nand, added my backed up wii game saves, re-installed all of the new IOS's... but what fun is that?
There is no risk, I'm just trying to determine what went wrong. If you want backup all your saves, restore your NAND, play every game you own at least once (you have to create a save to overwrite), restore the saves, and reinstall all your channels, that's fine too.
 
If I can acquire knowledge with the risk being losing a near five year old wii, I will go for it. I am restoring my bricked nand back to see if we can fix it.

I mean... I could of just flashed the 2010 nand, added my backed up wii game saves, re-installed all of the new IOS's... but what fun is that?
There is no risk, I'm just trying to determine what went wrong. If you want backup all your saves, restore your NAND, play every game you own at least once (you have to create a save to overwrite), restore the saves, and reinstall all your channels, that's fine too.

I would do exit to internet settings correct? It brings up the corrupted error.

---
Here is the thing,

Once I get my wii fixed, I'm going to sit down and browse reddit until I sleep. I'd rather have a much more productive time fixing this problem without recovering from the previous nand
 
If I can acquire knowledge with the risk being losing a near five year old wii, I will go for it. I am restoring my bricked nand back to see if we can fix it.

I mean... I could of just flashed the 2010 nand, added my backed up wii game saves, re-installed all of the new IOS's... but what fun is that?
There is no risk, I'm just trying to determine what went wrong. If you want backup all your saves, restore your NAND, play every game you own at least once (you have to create a save to overwrite), restore the saves, and reinstall all your channels, that's fine too.

I would do exit to internet settings correct? It brings up the corrupted error.
In that case, it would probably be easier and safer to just do a restore, even though it will take awhile.
 
If I can acquire knowledge with the risk being losing a near five year old wii, I will go for it. I am restoring my bricked nand back to see if we can fix it.

I mean... I could of just flashed the 2010 nand, added my backed up wii game saves, re-installed all of the new IOS's... but what fun is that?
There is no risk, I'm just trying to determine what went wrong. If you want backup all your saves, restore your NAND, play every game you own at least once (you have to create a save to overwrite), restore the saves, and reinstall all your channels, that's fine too.

I would do exit to internet settings correct? It brings up the corrupted error.
In that case, it would probably be easier and safer to just do a restore, even though it will take awhile.

I'm pretty sure some of these settings have reset to their default too. I'm going to go ahead and say that it's a corrupted SYSCONF file.

Is there anything else I can try instead of restoring it? It feels like a cheap way to solve the problem.

Edit: Can I possibly run my bad nand.bin through nandbincheck, will that find it and fix it?
 
I used to have a utility for restoring it, but I must have deleted it because I can't find it.

I suppose you could try using FSToolbox to restore a good SYSCONF file (use /shared2/sys/SYSCONF/ from your good nand backup). If that doesn't work, or causes problems, just do a NAND restore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
You could fix it by installing a fixed one with FS ToolBox. I have no idea if the SYSCONF files work between different Wii's.


Looks like I can use the good nand backup and extract that and replace it on the bad nand backup and restore with the new modified nand backup?

Going to go play around with FS for a bit
 
You could fix it by installing a fixed one with FS ToolBox. I have no idea if the SYSCONF files work between different Wii's.


Looks like I can use the good nand backup and extract that and replace it on the bad nand backup and restore with the new modified nand backup?
Read my post.
 
You could fix it by installing a fixed one with FS ToolBox. I have no idea if the SYSCONF files work between different Wii's.


Looks like I can use the good nand backup and extract that and replace it on the bad nand backup and restore with the new modified nand backup?
Read my post.

Got it! Is there a windows version of manipulating nand.bin files or am I going to have to restore the old nand, get the sysconf file, restore the new nand, and replace the sysconf file?
 
You could fix it by installing a fixed one with FS ToolBox. I have no idea if the SYSCONF files work between different Wii's.


Looks like I can use the good nand backup and extract that and replace it on the bad nand backup and restore with the new modified nand backup?
Read my post.

Got it! Is there a windows version of manipulating nand.bin files or am I going to have to restore the old nand, get the sysconf file, restore the new nand, and replace the sysconf file?
You have to restore the old NAND.
 
You could fix it by installing a fixed one with FS ToolBox. I have no idea if the SYSCONF files work between different Wii's.


Looks like I can use the good nand backup and extract that and replace it on the bad nand backup and restore with the new modified nand backup?
Read my post.

Got it! Is there a windows version of manipulating nand.bin files or am I going to have to restore the old nand, get the sysconf file, restore the new nand, and replace the sysconf file?
You have to restore the old NAND.

Well thanks, I have got it from here. I'm probably going to rage quit when installing the old one and just amend my save data back to the old one + new IOSes
 

Site & Scene News