1. SoraNotHere

SoraNotHere Newbie
    Newcomer

Kazakhstan
    Alright, so on a different PC I managed to install libusb drivers. With Network I still get the same error, while with USB I now get "Discarding packet of size - 2 (Video/Audio thread)"

2. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Can't really help you with zadig issues, for network mode you may be doing something wrong, can you try if the build provided here gives a more descriptive error message ?

Yeah, depends on connection quality, with a good USB cable you can bring it down to about 1 but don't expect anything less than that

3. SoraNotHere

SoraNotHere Newbie
    Newcomer

Kazakhstan
    no good, still the same upload_2020-2-22_18-6-38.png upload_2020-2-22_18-10-41.png

Last edited by SoraNotHere, Feb 22, 2020
  4. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
  5. SwigS-27

SwigS-27 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    After a bit of modifying of NCAs and patching the main file in exefs, we got Project DIVA MEGA39's, a game which normally has recording outright disabled, working with SysDVR - https://streamable.com/wa77b
    And with USB streaming, it works great!

exelix11 likes this.
  6. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Interesting, this is what i've been meaning to look into, what kind of modifications did you do to the exefs ?
    According to libnx docs and switchbrew setting VideoCaptureMode to auto in the nacp is enough for video recording, and in fact for a simple homebrew with just that flag enabled works with no other setup.
    Tried setting up an NCM mitm to edit those on the fly but didn't seem to work, so assume the sdk/game also has to be patched but haven't tried yet.
    Also FYI the "(c) sega..." text is an overlay set by the game with the capture services iirc, you can patch it out as well (even easier if it's just a texture stored in the romfs)

SwigS-27 likes this.
  7. SwigS-27

SwigS-27 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Since I wasn't the one who modified the exefs, I'm unsure but this is what the person who did it said:
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

Though this seems to only be nessesary on games which either use a newer SDK? or have copyrighted music, such as Project DIVA.
    The game was able to be captured in certain menus without the exe modification but once going into any menu which had copyrighted music, it would be disabled

And for the overlay, I didn't know how to disable it but it's stored in the romfs as copyright.farc and with the game's modding tools that are avaliable it's very easy to edit.

And another game, Pripara All Idol Stage, disables video capture too and all it needed was a modification of the NCA. Video of that is down below:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...21180900-A38A02E2C4A1F4B3687BC6F7C334693F.mp4

8. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    It means the game likely already had video recording enabled in the nacp, so just patching the switch function was enough.

modification of the NCA is a bit vague, it could mean a lot of stuff.
    Could you ask this person to dm me on discord ? Really interested it unlocking video recording in more games.

9. SwigS-27

SwigS-27 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    About the modification of the NCA, sorry about being so vauge, the control nca was modified to enable video capture using the information that was found here, https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/487344619890147331/681151903672828033/unknown.png
    And sure I'll ask the person to DM you.

Last edited by SwigS-27, Feb 24, 2020
    exelix11 likes this.
  10. SoraNotHere

SoraNotHere Newbie
    Newcomer

Kazakhstan
    some parts look weird because they were in Russian(I live in Kazakhstan), so I translated them
    upload_2020-2-26_8-49-53.png

11. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Oh ok, sounds like the IP address is wrong or sysdvr is not running, it seems like the client is trying to connect to 192.168.0.1 but that's usually the IP of the router, after making sure sysdvr is in the correct mode check the ip address in switch's network settings

12. DoctorIke

DoctorIke Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi, I've been using the cable mode but have still been suffering from an overall glitchy looking quality, and saw that a method of improvement may involve buying a higher quality cable. Right now I'm using an amazon basics 3.0 cable and I'm not sure what else to try, any brands or models known for their high quality cable builds?

13. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Hard to say, that was more pointed to cheap brandless wires i think amazon should be fine, make sure you installed the correct driver on your pc. Getting a few glitches over USB is fine, if the overall quality is low that's not normal. Guess also try a different pc if you can.
    For reference i've been using the USB C cable that came with my xiaomi phone

14. bobobsama

bobobsama Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Sorry but where am I supposed to get the switch Ip adress ? is it console MAC adress or Ip adress ? because i keep getting the same error as SoraNotHere . is it case sensitive? should I write it as its written?

15. diddevil

diddevil Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi, i have a problem: if i start SysDVR-conf.nro under sx os, it tells me "failed to open" (or similar)

If I start atmosphere via the menu "reboot to payload", it works.

The problem is that this starts the atmosphere and therefore I lose the start of the xci files.

some advice?

16. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The MAC address is the unique identity of the network card in the Switch, it's not an IP address, which is assigned by the ISP when you go online. Use the IP address, and there shouldn't be any letters in the IP address of your Switch, so case sensitivity shouldn't matter.

17. bobobsama

bobobsama Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks I've found the problem was my switch kept connecting on and off to a different network for some reason

Last edited by bobobsama, Mar 9, 2020
  18. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Absolutely wonderful module. I'm blown away at how great this works.

Installed the module, added rtsp address to my OBS, boom - solid. Great quality, no glitching. (5ghz WiFi on Switch, Ethernet on PC)

Is there any downside to leaving this module running 24/7 even when not streaming? Curious if there's a performance penalty, beyond memory consumption.

exelix11 likes this.
  19. exelix11

OP exelix11 Developer
    Developer

Italy
    Minimal to none cause it has to keep just the service opened (and socket/usb interface if not disabled in the settings app) and that means it's mostly idle, it doesn't attempt to get video data if there's no client connected.

Puremin0rez likes this.
  20. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks great to know! Seriously impressed.

Upscaled the 720p source with Lanczos filtering, applied a bit of sharpness, and the end result was great. I did end up having to switch to RTSP over TCP instead of UDP, since I was getting very minor corruption from time to time, but TCP seems to handle the error correction just fine. (presumably just WiFi issues)

Not to advertise, but here's a VOD of a livestream of Animal Crossing I did using it. Feel free to skim through it and see what a great job your work did :) honestly, it may not be capture card quality, but it's pretty close.

Thanks again for the hard work, having the RTSP source coming right from the switch without any MITM is crazy cool.

exelix11 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - gameplay, directly, SysDVR