Hacking SxOS BOOT.dat? Error?

CecilioX3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble. I'm constantly greeted with the boot.dat? Error whenever i send my SX payload, despite my licence and boot file on my sd card. I've tried multiple cards (64gb and 32gb)
It's very frustrating and I'd like some help. Its worked before and I don't understand why it isn't now.

Muta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you removed the shell at all? Make sure the sd reader is seated well. Also make sure your SD card is not formatted as ntfs.

CecilioX3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you removed the shell at all? Make sure the sd reader is seated well. Also make sure your SD card is not formatted as ntfs.
How would I check if my sd card reader is seated well? Sorry, not very smart in this kinda stuff.

chest0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How would I check if my sd card reader is seated well? Sorry, not very smart in this kinda stuff.
I had the same issue with my sd Card. I formated it as guid exfat which wasnt readable by the Switch. I formated it as fat32 and everything worked

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Don't worry about it, you'd have to open the console up and I can't imagine it getting unseated if you have never opened it before.
if you don't have the exfat drivers, format your microsd to fat32
RCM payloads don't use the official ExFAT drivers so that shouldn't prevent SX from loading. But homebrew and ExFAT can be a bit unreliable when combined so it's best to go with FAT32 anyway.

CecilioX3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it, you'd have to open the console up and I can't imagine it getting unseated if you have never opened it before.

RCM payloads don't use the official ExFAT drivers so that shouldn't prevent SX from loading. But homebrew and ExFAT can be a bit unreliable when combined so it's best to go with FAT32 anyway.
Unfortunately something is wrong with my sd card reader. Despite not opening it ever, I get an error from trying to get sd card into from hekate. Tried with multiple sd cards to no avail. I cant send it into Nintendo either, because I'll probably get an ipatched unit.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately something is wrong with my sd card reader. Despite not opening it ever, I get an error from trying to get sd card into from hekate. Tried with multiple sd cards to no avail. I cant send it into Nintendo either, because I'll probably get an ipatched unit.
Oh.
The good news is, at least it's easy to access the SD reader module. It's immediately accessible once you open the back and simply slots in, you don't even have to take off the metal shielding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason