Hacking Question SXOS and Sleep Mode Question...

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello....
I run SXOS 3.0.4b on Official FW 10.1.0 and a launch day switch.
My question is, when I press the power button to put the switch into sleep mode, it does go into sleep mode for a split second then comes back on making me hit the button again for a second time until it actually goes into sleep mode. This is annoying as hell!
Is this normal behaviour for SXOS and how to fix it if there is a way?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello....
I run SXOS 3.0.4b on Official FW 10.1.0 and a launch day switch.
My question is, when I press the power button to put the switch into sleep mode, it does go into sleep mode for a split second then comes back on making me hit the button again for a second time until it actually goes into sleep mode. This is annoying as hell!
Is this normal behaviour for SXOS and how to fix it if there is a way?
Try using the beta 3.0.5

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the beta 3.0.5
I updated to OFW 10.2.0 and SXOS 3.0.5 and it still happens.
I did happen to just find a thread about this, And they state the issue is that I am not burning my fuses when I manually upgrade.
So I wonder how could I burn my fuses? My switch is already banned and I am not worried about ever downgrading.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time I see someone who actually wants to burn his fuses. :huh: But anyway, if you're using emuNAND, your fuses cannot be burnt, AFAIK. You have to boot into sysNAND for that to happen. So, I guess, you'd update your sysNAND to whatever firmware you want, and reboot at the end (remove any checkmark for autoRCM in choidujourNX, if you're using that to update, as that prevents fuse burning)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to OFW 10.2.0 and SXOS 3.0.5 and it still happens.
I did happen to just find a thread about this, And they state the issue is that I am not burning my fuses when I manually upgrade.
So I wonder how could I burn my fuses? My switch is already banned and I am not worried about ever downgrading.
Being unable to wake up from warmboot due to a mismatch fuse count is a very old issue that was fixed by CFW ages ago. However its also unrelated to your issue and sounds more like a hardware issue with your power button.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However its also unrelated to your issue and sounds more like a hardware issue with your power button.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt that is the problem.
When I bring the system out of sleep mode to play a game or whatever, if I don't start a game, it works as normal.
Only after I start a game it does this. So I am pretty sure not a hardware issue!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you are running games from usb then it will wake up 1 time
Actually I do run games from usb. So why is that and is there anything to do to stio it?
It seems to only happen after i start a game. If I just browse my switch menu then put it in sleep mode, it works normal.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestion, but I doubt that is the problem.
When I bring the system out of sleep mode to play a game or whatever, if I don't start a game, it works as normal.
Only after I start a game it does this. So I am pretty sure not a hardware issue!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I do run games from usb. So why is that and is there anything to do to stio it?
It seems to only happen after i start a game. If I just browse my switch menu then put it in sleep mode, it works normal.
1st sleep ejects game, 2nd sleep goes to sleep

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Being unable to wake up from warmboot due to a mismatch fuse count is a very old issue that was fixed by CFW ages ago. However its also unrelated to your issue and sounds more like a hardware issue with your power button.
What if that issue also takes place when the Switch goes into sleep mode "by itself" (in other words, after some time of inactivity)?
Would you still think it's a hardware issue?
Quick context: I used to use SXOS on my system, which I don't anymore because it gave me too much trouble. One of them was not being able to come back from sleep, as this would hard-shutdown my Switch (SXOS v3.0.5BETA and Switch FW v10.0.1). So I performed a clean up from SXOS and unplugged all the cables to the modchip, powered on the handheld (this is Switch LITE) and booted to my SysNAND. From there, I managed to successfully upgrade to v10.2.0. But the problem still persists. Would that have anything to do with the fact the modchip board is still soldered on to the Switch Lite one? How would you go about fixing it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if that issue also takes place when the Switch goes into sleep mode "by itself" (in other words, after some time of inactivity)?
Would you still think it's a hardware issue?
Quick context: I used to use SXOS on my system, which I don't anymore because it gave me too much trouble. One of them was not being able to come back from sleep, as this would hard-shutdown my Switch (SXOS v3.0.5BETA and Switch FW v10.0.1). So I performed a clean up from SXOS and unplugged all the cables to the modchip, powered on the handheld (this is Switch LITE) and booted to my SysNAND. From there, I managed to successfully upgrade to v10.2.0. But the problem still persists. Would that have anything to do with the fact the modchip board is still soldered on to the Switch Lite one? How would you go about fixing it?
You have to remove the soldering.

rdlf4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to remove the soldering.
I managed to remove the modchip.

Would you happen to know this capacitor? I lost it in the process.
gS9tzdn

Last edited by rdlf4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM