Hacking SXOS 2.9 issues

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just updated SXOS with though my switch. I then hit restart instead of turn off. (I have not updated to latest switch firmware, i'm on 8.1) and I couldn't boot into SXOS with the dongle. I copied the new boot.dat to my SD card from the site and still can't, I then tried an old SD card without the latest boot.dat and it still won't boot into cfw.

Any ideas? I'm getting a screen flash, did this somehow overwrite the auto rcm or some shit?

edit: apparently all sorts of issues with this update. Should have read the thread SMH. It looks like the new doom 1-2 update needs the latest firmware so I updated my SXOS. Should have just used a homebrew doom port. I can't even boot into normal firmware, so i'm guessing it's not an auto rcm issue.

Edit. got the SXOS logo and then it didn't boot into custom firmware. One of my other SD cards doesn't get any logo (might be bad boot or something) the other that's still on 2.8 works fine.

Last edited by Ygolonac,

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to download again SX OS 2.8 and boot using it

Afteryou get the SX OS Logo, hold the volume to rhe rigth until you get to the SX MENU.

Tell if you can go through this

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try to download again SX OS 2.8 and boot using it

Afteryou get the SX OS Logo, hold the volume to rhe rigth until you get to the SX MENU.

Tell if you can go through this
swapped to 2.8 and it's working now not sure what the issue was with them, might be because I hit restart and not shut down. Not sure why 2.9 wasn't working even on 8.1 firmware but i'm staying away from it.

Reactions: jajamundo

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad it works for you. download SX OS 2.9 only if you are planning to update to latest firmware.
I was planning to update now but apparently there are lots of issues with it. Glad I updated to 2.9 before the firmware. Only thing I have that needs 9.0 are those new doom 1-2 updates to fix the performance issues.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
best solution i found at present for all bases covered now sx and atmos support 9 is..

update sysnand to 9.0, then drop wifi connections for nand creations, reenable of course once done for fortnite, trials online yiss ! etc
wipe a 512gb sd and create a 32gb (29.828gb gave me problem) partition on end for atmos emummc
create emummc
create sx emunand as files (ensure you have prior deleted any previous emunand partition and files type via the delete option)
install incognito via ams_mitm.kip on atmos
install blawar’s atmos tinfoil fork
use atmos for most of your needs
wait for incognito support on sx 2.9 (cal0 read permission) and then use that just for xci mounting

Last edited by snoofly,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning to update now but apparently there are lots of issues with it. Glad I updated to 2.9 before the firmware. Only thing I have that needs 9.0 are those new doom 1-2 updates to fix the performance issues.

you dont need that. sx installer has a firmware override iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there