Hacking SX OS with emuNAND question on updating firmware

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I have a quick question about SX OS emuNAND and firmware upgrading. In the past I used choi to upgrade my firmware. Now that I have sx os and a clean nand with emuNAND I am on version 5.1.0. Do I need to use Choi for emuNAND, and update the regular clean nand through the system settings? I use my clean nand for online, and I have autoRCM off. This will re-enable auto rcm if I use Choi, which is bad for online and keeping your switch from getting banned right?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
1. You can always disable autoRCM in choi.
2. You can update your SysNAND in any way you want. But if you are using it for online update it the official way (as running again CFW can make it unsafe).
3. Ninty is not detecting autoRCM.

Reactions: Powerful

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You can always disable autoRCM in choi.
2. You can update your SysNAND in any way you want. But if you are using it for online update it the official way (as running again CFW can make it unsafe).
3. Ninty is not detecting autoRCM.
Okay sounds good, I heard from someone else that Ninty could detect autoRCM, I prefer to use it, but I didn’t want to get banned. So I can use autoRCM with no worries?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I have a quick question about SX OS emuNAND and firmware upgrading. In the past I used choi to upgrade my firmware. Now that I have sx os and a clean nand with emuNAND I am on version 5.1.0. Do I need to use Choi for emuNAND, and update the regular clean nand through the system settings? I use my clean nand for online, and I have autoRCM off. This will re-enable auto rcm if I use Choi, which is bad for online and keeping your switch from getting banned right?
There is nothing to suggest that updating with Choi or using autoRCM will get you banned, although it's always possible. So you're aware, you will burn fuses if you don't use autoRCM or you update using the official method. If you're okay with that, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing to suggest that updating with Choi or using autoRCM will get you banned, although it's always possible. So you're aware, you will burn fuses if you don't use autoRCM or you update using the official method. If you're okay with that, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware.

Well actually using ChoidujourNX or even Autorcm has nothing to do with ban, banning has to do if the person connect online and not using a DNS server or using incognito to edit out their serial number.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question on that then, wouldn’t I have to boot CFW to install the update meaning that could lead to a ban on my Sysnand? I have yet to update my console.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Question on that then, wouldn’t I have to boot CFW to install the update meaning that could lead to a ban on my Sysnand? I have yet to update my console.
You update SysNAND with official update. Just make sure you enter RCM right after the update is finished or the fuses will burn.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You update SysNAND with official update. Just make sure you enter RCM right after the update is finished or the fuses will burn.
Okay so every time I turn on my switch I need to have it boot to RCM? Shouldn’t I just enable autoRCM then?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay so every time I turn on my switch I need to have it boot to RCM? Shouldn’t I just enable autoRCM then?
The thing is that after official system update, your console will reboot. To not burn the fuses during the reboot, you need to enter RCM right after update. In RCM you should, of course, enable autoRCM.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update with Choi, yes you would have to use CFW. I personally think that the ban risk is negligible from doing this, but there is always a chance. You could always do what @pLaYeR^^ is saying and update the official way, making sure to manually enter RCM mode upon the automatic reboot (updating the official way will remove autoRCM if you already have it) and then install autoRCM immediately. Make sure that you know what you're doing before you try this. Other people have done it, but you only get one shot and if you screw something up, you will burn fuses. I would advise against it, but you do what you think is best after researching the options.

Last edited by CanIHazWarez,

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To update with Choi, yes you would have to use CFW. I personally think that the ban risk is negligible from doing this, but there is always a chance. You could always do what @pLaYeR^^ is saying and update the official way, making sure to manually enter RCM mode upon the automatic reboot (updating the official way will remove autoRCM if already have it) and then install autoRCM immediately. Make sure that you know what you're doing before you try this. Other people have done it, but you only get one shot and if you screw something up, you will burn fuses. I would advise against it, but you do what you think is best after researching the options.
I would think I would just enable autoRCM before updating, then updating the official way and boot the clean OS. Instead of doing it after.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read my parenthetical statement again.
I see, been a long week lol. How exactly do I update officially without it booting? I would probably prefer to do that method if there’s a tut somewhere? I don’t want to burn fuses preferably, but I don’t want to use CFW on my clean Nand. Edit: I have used the method Player described. I have updated through Nintendo, and am now on 8.0.1 with autoRCM. So no fuses burned thanks everyone! I have dumped my nand again so I have another clean nand to restore 8.0.1 in case something goes wrong in the future. This method was actually very easy. All you need is a very good jig, and to hold the vol + button when it states restarting in 3 seconds.

Last edited by Powerful,
Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-