Hacking SX OS v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have them at hand, but they're on one of those "Ban" threads.
It's either the Ban wave one or the Ban thread with everyone reporting what they did and so on.

It's not emunand per-se, but basically what some of the users that got banned did is that they used the OFW for playing online only, while using SX OS for backups offline and nothing else. The reports are not as massive as the ones for LayeredFS uses, but there are quite a few there.
Well that is the difference. If you use sx os, this is in sysnand eventhough you use cfw, If you would use sx os in emunand and only online in sysnand, the use of sx os wouldn't be visible in sysnand and thus not sent to nintendo.
Though currently emunand isn't used publicly afaik.

evanm18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone upload and pm me a mirror link for the v1.2 zip for whatever reason i cant get it from official.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that is the difference. If you use sx os, this is in sysnand eventhough you use cfw, If you would use sx os in emunand and only online in sysnand, the use of sx os wouldn't be visible in sysnand and thus not sent to nintendo.
Though currently emunand isn't used publicly afaik.
It's not emuNAND at all.
I don't have them at hand, but they're on one of those "Ban" threads.
It's either the Ban wave one or the Ban thread with everyone reporting what they did and so on.

It's not emunand per-se, but basically what some of the users that got banned did is that they used the OFW for playing online only, while using SX OS for backups offline and nothing else. The reports are not as massive as the ones for LayeredFS uses, but there are quite a few there.
This has nothing to do with emuNAND, you seem to have little to no understanding of what emuNAND is.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 3.0.0 as well and am planning the exact same thing as you once my SX Pro arrives. :P
Atmosphère won't need 3.0.0 but a real coldboot solution most likely would require it.

No. If I recall that right SciresM said anything under 3.0.2 might see a coldboot exploit but I'm not completely sure about that.
However I recommend you to use this guide to upgrade your firmware to keep your fuses. Just in case.

Edit: Sry, mixed up "won't" and "might" lol.

Thanks for that dude. But my god, that guide! I didn't think I'd ever see a longer guide than boot9strap, I stand corrected. :wtf:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's not emuNAND at all.

This has nothing to do with emuNAND, you seem to have little to no understanding of what emuNAND is.
I do know what emunand is.
I simply mixed up whatever SX OS seems to be with an emunand, but it isn't one.
Still, I stand by my case, emunand won't save from a ban for sure, even if you never connect it to the internet.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clear your browser cache, or click on link, when it goes to 404 page, just change the last 1 to 2 in url address bar, and click go. and bang the new file will pop-up with 'save as'...

I had trouble dling as well, but it eventually did, no cache clear or anything needed, just some patience. I assume the page is getting hammered with requests at the moment, making it slow.

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a feeling that update thing and bans is bullshit written by users who use layeredfs and blame it on SX OS.

I have updated all my games (backups :), and still am, since day 1, I never had any issue.
but i have not registered an account with eshop or online play yet.

I emailed Team Xecuter about it and they told me they are investigating further before making a statement, but that they also never had an issue and also suspect incomplete testimony about what users have done.

If anything happen, I will let you know, but I doubt it.

Hey, I think you may be right about the fake-reporters but then again I would not trust anything from a nintendo fanboy community to be honest. Also most of their claims are a bit nonsensical.

However, that being said, with nintendo banning certain cartridges (which seems a claim highly likely) I think it is easy for nintendo to detect and log your backup signature. It would also be easy to tell which consoles are running those backups and also detect SX OS.

The fact that nintendo is nintendo and they quite literally are a nazi of a company (again, fanboys lay off I don't care), they would find no qualms in banning the console and the account. I have a lot of games downloaded on my account, so wouldn't want it banned. I have 4 switches and not bothered about the console ban. The piss poor nintendo online stuff is of no interest to me.

Also, I made the mistake of linking and de-linking my nintendo account so there's an association there, I should have used my fresh switch but I did not want to have the hassle of carrying two switches around. Glad you didn't link your nintendo account.

Oh well, no big deal, but I certainly hope they find a solution.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do know what emunand is.
I simply mixed up whatever SX OS seems to be with an emunand, but it isn't one.
Still, I stand by my case, emunand won't save from a ban for sure, even if you never connect it to the internet.
If your case is stupidity, then yes I agree there is no defense against that even with emuNAND.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
firmware-status-png.124905

https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-status.495078/
This is what I meant:
63186b8b0b44dc7078a788c66b9b68e5f2ac6ffe2489d8bebf89576aad65b30f.png

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what I meant:
63186b8b0b44dc7078a788c66b9b68e5f2ac6ffe2489d8bebf89576aad65b30f.png
Sounds familiar, one year later, after they said the same thing about root. Anyhoo, they haven't been looking for coldboot until now so I'll just give it some time, and when it rolls around I'll be ready to downgrade to my lower stock firmware if warranted and get hooked up. What's your problem?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You can say whatever you want about TX, but shit, they are making that buy worth.

They deliver in no time and thats just good for us, the community.

Reactions: Mr. Wizard

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
To avoid bans. Somebody should make something like what Mrbean5000VR did when the Wii online services closed down. Wiimmfi! Somebody should make something similar to that.
Or the "LiNK" service on Xbox 360 with RGH/JTAG consoles, games with LAN support can simulate a LAN Party while being far away, being an online option between hacked console.
That seems more possible than making another Online Service from the ground up like Wiimmfi, that service is possible because the Online capabilities on the Wii were overall basic, every Nintendo game used a GameSpy server and they are somewhat easy to simulate, or at least easier than what Nintendo uses on the Switch, and also on the Wii U/3DS.

evanm18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else having issues with only 1.2 not booting correctly? 1.1 and 1.0 boot.dat files load fine but 1.2 either doesnt recognize my license.dat file or loads correctly but the sx os cfw original fw and options menu graphics dont load correctly and then when selecting cfw or ofw doesnt boot the system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp