Hacking SX OS v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
"downgrade" means having a lower firmware on your switch. Sometimes, there are more vulnerabilities (which could allow coldboot) on lower firmwares.
nope..downgrade means that i can go from 5.x to lower firmware
I geuss they should named it feusse bypassing not downgrading!

Last edited by MonMonz,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That was 1.1. (not burning fuses)
1.2 stops checking for the correct number of fuses.
Not true, from what I read also the upgrade without burning fuses didn’t run in 1.1.
Can’t test myself since I am still waiting for SX Pro.

Reactions: cearp

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no such thing as an "more ban resistant (emunand)".
If you have emunand, the information about the console and certs are still shared between sysnand and emunand.
You get banned in one, the other does as well.

I don't get why people are claimoring emunand as if it is some sort of hacking messiah, that shit's overrated and it's more cumbersome than a relief to be honest. I would much rather have it all in a sigpatched sysnand.

And no, using online in a clean sysnand while only using emunand for backups and homebrew WON'T save you from a ban.
I guess you are missing the point of emunand. It WILL prevent a ban if the emunand is kept always offline and the sysnand is clean and for online.
It is true that emunand itself is not better than a sysnand, but it can let you separate your activities since it will not be shared with sysnand.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess you are missing the point of emunand. It WILL prevent a ban if the emunand is kept always offline and the sysnand is clean and for online.
It is true that emunand itself is not better than a sysnand, but it can let you separate your activities since it will not be shared with sysnand.
I guess you have been ignoring the ban reports.
There are reports of people doing just that and still getting banned.
Go figure.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice to see Card2 games now supported :)
As soon as SX OS supports running eShop games, and it's confirmed homebrew apps work properly, then I will go ahead and purchase one to start giving some life to my Switch :P

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I guess you have been ignoring the ban reports.
There are reports of people doing just that and still getting banned.
Go figure.
I have read a lot of ban reports, but I haven’t seen any use of emunand as of yet. Could you please provide a link of someone who used emunand and got banned?

Last edited by jaysea, , Reason: Typo

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
"downgrade" means having a lower firmware on your switch. Sometimes, there are more vulnerabilities (which could allow coldboot) on lower firmwares.

Even if you go down to 1.0.0 you need to load it through RCM so you wouldn't be able to install a coldboot

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you go down to 1.0.0 you need to load it through RCM so you wouldn't be able to install a coldboot

I was wondering that. So can you tell me something... what would this feature be used for then??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I believe there is a resistor in the jig too (where the bump is)

Is that to prevent wear and tear to the pins? I was wondering what the kink did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol