Question SX OS - Moving to New SD card

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Xanosche, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Xanosche
    OP

Xanosche Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2019
    United States
    Hello!

I am currently waiting for my new sd card to arrive in the mail, but I have a quick question.
    Can I move all the contents of the sd card over to the new one by simply drag and dropping them onto the new one?
    I know you just have to move the license and boot over for sx os and thats that, but can I move the games and saves as well as home brew over as well without any issues?
    (I am referring to the Nintendo folder, Switch folder, and sxos folder)

2. S3phi40T

S3phi40T GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    Poland
    Yes

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

3. Xanosche
    OP

Xanosche Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2019
    United States
    Thanks! I figured you could but just wasn't sure. I didn't want to transfer 60gb worth of data for it to not work :P

4. mav2010

mav2010 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    Germany
    The only thing you have to look out for is that the so-called archive flag is preserved, especially on the Nintendo folder. This happens automatically on Windows, but is a real pain on macOS. However, there is a Hekate functionality to fix the archive flags as well, just in case something does not work as expected.

5. Joeli53

Joeli53 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    A follow-up question to OP's: What if I created an emuNAND on SX OS on a different partition for my microSD card? How do I copy that partition as well as the main one?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted