SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, I'll buy that. It's encrypted and requires software to extract it, you still say that is illegal ok?

Well atmosphere also contains it, sure it relies on sept to get it but that is just software. It's equivalent in court.
Distribution of the key is illegal, not obtaining it...

Reactions: Deleted User

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, I'll buy that. It's compressed/encrypted and requires software to extract it, you still say that is illegal ok?

Well atmosphere also contains it, sure it relies on sept to reassemble all the bits but that is just software & no different in court.

Atmosphere does not contain nor does it openly distribute the key, nor does it allow one to use sept or another tool to extract it. Sept obtains necessary keys from the users system, not illegal, and boots.

No keys are ever handed off in this fashion between two parties.

SX, on the other, directly hands over a key.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Distribution of the key is illegal, not obtaining it...

Distributing the key and any way of deriving it is illegal. By your own argument SX OS is not illegal as the number isn't in the file. It's mutated at run time, no real different to atmosphere.

Are you saying they could just xor the bits with a fixed number before storing it in a file and then redo that at run time and it's fine? My understanding of the law is that the courts aren't that stupid.

Last edited by smf,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that this runaway post can get back on the rails? I`m interested in hearing about this release and user experience....does it work, any bugs, etc..
It works, there's a delay at boot time, and no new features other than 7.0.0 support were included. That's all that happened, pretty much sums it all up.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm having fun watching you cobble together some bullshit to desperately get your team out of a ban. Not surprised by this. Especially because you work for marketing for TX. Also, notice how you went quiet after I called you out for Gary being "affiliated" with TX.

Actually, Team Xecuter has their own forum, which they will welcome the extra traffic to. It's more of a good thing for them in that respect.

I don't do marketing for TX. Maybe I should though. It would be less of a shit show, I guarantee you that.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually, Team Xecuter has their own forum, which they will welcome the extra traffic to. It's more of a good thing for them in that respect.

I don't do marketing for TX. Maybe I should though. It would be less of a shit show, I guarantee you that.
It has never been stated that no updates will be given regarding xecuter. Just no more links will be given. You're all making it seem like the end of the world when clearly just links will not be provided anymore. When a new update arrives, it can be still be shown as news on here. I really don't see the outcry of you sxos users when almost nothing is changing

Last edited by kumikochan,

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Neither the build in NSP installer nor SX Installer 1.5 do recognize NSPs on USB anymore for me on EmuNand 7.0.1 with SX OS 2.6. Anyone else?

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that this runaway post can get back on the rails? I`m interested in hearing about this release and user experience....does it work, any bugs, etc..
Added features:
7.0.x support
Reboot to Payload
JIT patches which improve N64 emulation in Retroarch

Bugs:
USB hard drives are no longer detected
SX Pro license requests don't work
Emunand issues? I've seen some say that it's broke and some say that it works so I'm not sure.

I probably missed some stuff but that's the gist of it.

Last edited by stick267,

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
TX attempted to use Sept for version 2.6 but ultimately failed and decided to just put the key into the update.

It's ridiculous... Sept can be signed with that key and SXOS has that key...

Black time loading are present since 6.2.0 compatible SXOS and sept didn't exist at that time.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's ignore the fact that the forum coding is absolute shite. Like if I want to go on it I have to go on private mode because after 3 visits on the site with normal browsing. It takes 1-2 minutes to load.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Let's ignore the fact that the forum coding is absolute shite. Like if I want to go on it I have to go on private mode because after 3 visits on the site with normal browsing. It takes 1-2 minutes to load.
"forum coding" okay this is the one time I'll disagree with you.
GBATemp and TX's forum use the same software, XenForo. The only difference is the server and the theme and maybe some config changes. You're allowed to hate TX, but this a bit biased against them tbh.

Reactions: gizmomelb

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States

Definitely has something to do how they've coded cookies/trackers.

I'll let them know. Probably a result of the recent switch from vBulletin to Xenforo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol