• Likes 16

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can load ANY custom payload for free right now bro come on
I'm just repeating what Rajkosto said in his downgrading thread. According to him, SX OS is currently unable to load custom kip1s.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Apparently they used the Atmosphere code and some other open source stuff in the SX OS and then charged us money for someone else's work
I think people should not speak without knowing the real facts. They are not charging for the homebrew part which is stolen atmosphere code. They are only charging for the backup loader and signature patching which is no way related to atmosphere.

Last edited by Priyam,
Reactions: DarthDub and Kioku

TurtlePowerrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently they used the Atmosphere code and some other open source stuff in the SX OS and then charged us money for someone else's work
Well maybe the creators of Atmosphere shouldn't have posted their work in an OPEN SOURCE project. I mean they obviously don't care about the money or else why would they have posted their stuff?

DemonSurfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think people should not speak without knowing the real facts. They are not charging for the homebrew part which is stolen atmosphere code. They are not charging for the backup loader and signature patching which is no way related to atmosphere.
Just saying....i personally don't think it's right,i did some reading up on it,not saying i know a whole lot.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I think people should not speak without knowing the real facts. They are not charging for the homebrew part which is stolen atmosphere code. They are only charging for the backup loader and signature patching which is no way related to atmosphere.
Even with that logic, people still act like it's the end of world. Another situation overblown by ignorant internet patrons. Yeah, we get it, they used someone else's open source code (GPL violations and all) but that's not entirely what they're selling.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those are the lines they may have copied, did they copy every one of them?

You just made those numbers up. I suspect you're biased.
I suspect you have no experience in reverse engineering compiled binaries. Thanks to nährwert and hexkyz this was a lot easier.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Even with that logic, people still act like it's the end of world. Another situation overblown by ignorant internet patrons. Yeah, we get it, they used someone else's open source code (GPL violations and all) but that's not entirely what they're selling.
Exactly, I know it's unethical. But does it matter? People are buying this for piracy and those same guys are saying things like I will wait for a free version. Free version for what? doing the same unethical things that TX is accused of. Hypocrites, I tell you.
Even after ignoring the fact that TX is selling only the backup loader, which is their own code

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People are buying this for piracy and those same guys are saying things like I will wait for a free version. Free version for what? doing the same unethical things that TX is accused of. Hypocrites, I tell you.
Even after ignoring the fact that TX is selling only the backup loader, which is their own code

Maybe these "Hypocrites" are assuming that because TX linked their code to GPL code, that SX OS is GPL licensed and so copying it is fine.

That may not hold water legally, but I doubt many people here are lawyers.

Reactions: Kioku

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Its like saying , this is a stick up , I will rob you , but only a little bit and not entirely. The argument is a dead one to me at least.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe these "Hypocrites" are assuming that because TX linked their code to GPL code, that SX OS is GPL licensed and so copying it is fine.

That may not hold water legally, but I doubt many people here are lawyers.
AFAIK for code in programming to be able to stand in court, has to be copied for its entirely, with . ; to be the same, they have even told that the lines in tx os are far less than with hb loader and atmosphere, so there is nothing that you can do

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Exactly, I know it's unethical. But does it matter? People are buying this for piracy and those same guys are saying things like I will wait for a free version. Free version for what? doing the same unethical things that TX is accused of. Hypocrites, I tell you.

Layered fs only can be used with the payed version and even if it was free, It would still not comply with the GPL of atmosphere

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/LICENSE

Basically the project when you use the code need to be opensource and have the same license. What type of license have SX OS? What are the limitations that you say that they are not fulfilling it?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Nobody cares man,
Layered fs only can be used with the payed version and even if it was free, It would still not comply with the GPL of atmosphere

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/LICENSE

Basically the project when you use the code need to be opensource and have the same license. What type of license have SX OS? What are the limitations that you say that they are not fulfilling it?
nobody cares man

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: