• Replies 218
  • Likes 16

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I fixed it for you
The minority that no one listen cares man

If people would really care, they should STOP using the tx os and STOP buying them, but you see that happening? I only see like 15 gbatempers telling people not to use is because gpl and you will make the devs cry, if you pirate nintendo, why would you care for a gpl that even the creators wont pursue in court? I hope they continue doing it so people will always have something to talk against tx :P

Last edited by kamesenin888,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think we can both agree it's just plain boring, what happened to anonymous developers dropping in the scene and bringing amazing things even though illegal?
I still remember DarkAlex and the PSP, his CFWs were just wonderful, when there was too much pressure on him he just went under another name and made the M-33 CFWs, now that was a great thing, I hope to see this kind of people rise in the switch scene :)
Well anyway I guess there is just too much pressure around this nowadays, it might have been a little easier for previous console gens, still it is frustrating to see people care so much for the law on the internet, there was a time were only moral ruled around here, no laws, it was just way funnier (but hey I'm getting a little off-topic here :P)
Those were the good ol' days, PSP had a kickass homebrew scene. That was the beginning of my console hacking, it was right after I bought a hacked OG Xbox(I had to know what else I can hack).

My next favorite scene was the Wii homebrew scene.

I'm hoping the Switch homebrew scene is filled with more orginal homebrew games and not just utilities and ports like the 3DS.

Anyways, I'm a fan of TX, I've installed a handful of modchips and used Jungle Flasher durning my 360 hacking days but they kind of rubbed me the wrong way this time around. That being said, I hope their OS does get cracked, call it poetic justice if you will. I mean they cracked the Switch wide open with their product(and stolen code), it only seems fair that the devs do the same to them.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,
Reactions: luca1 and Idaho

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people would really care, they should STOP using the tx os and STOP buying them, but you see that happening? I only see like 15 gbatempers telling people not to use is because gpl and you will make the devs cry, if you pirate nintendo, why would you care for a gpl that even the creators wont pursue in court? I hope they continue doing it so people will always have something to talk against tx :P
Because that's not what this is about? Using SX OS has nothing to do with the violation of the license. Its about whether or not TX used code from other sources which has been proven true. The license is a legal backup in case TX or anyone else had any funny ideas about using their code. Its also part bragging rights that TX could not have their product without the help of Atmosphere but I don't feel that is important. Anyone who does is letting their emotions override their wants out of a hacked console. You should only care about using SX OS if you want to play backups because that is their only advantage over Atmosphere at the moment.

Reactions: adrifcastr

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Because that's not what this is about? Using SX OS has nothing to do with the violation of the license. Its about whether or not TX used code from other sources which has been proven true. The license is a legal backup in case TX or anyone else had any funny ideas about using their code. Its also part bragging rights that TX could not have their product without the help of Atmosphere but I don't feel that is important. Anyone who does is letting their emotions override their wants out of a hacked console. You should only care about using SX OS if you want to play backups because that is their only advantage over Atmosphere at the moment.
Thats why people do not care, i don't give a damn for gpl as a user because i am pirating nintendo games, literally the ones that complain are non tx users, the product has ease of use is a huge plus that the open source community lacks, it works good and nearly flawless, if you think gpl is so important, tell that to the nintendo devs lol go cry together to the real pirates that dont care

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why people do not care, i don't give a damn for gpl as a user because i am pirating nintendo games, literally the ones that complain are non tx users, the product has ease of use is a huge plus that the open source community lacks, it works good and nearly flawless, if you think gpl is so important, tell that to the nintendo devs lol go cry together to the real pirates that dont care
You don't get it. This is not about people who buy or don't buy TX. You can still buy their product and realize they violated a license.

Hypocritical?

We are all are since we are hacking the Switch. Step outside this hacking website and the rest of the Switch users who are not hackers, which are the majority, will not give two shits whether you bought or didn't buy TX's products. All they care is that you hacked their console which means they label you and the rest of us as the bad guys.

Fair?

Of course not but that is the reality of the situation and certainly one you can't just simply ignore. Being divisive like this is counterintuitive towards the whole community of GBATemp as well as the Switch hacking scene in general. If you want to take part in this so-called Atmosphere vs SX OS war, then you are just as bad as the "crybaby" devs hexkyz and naehrwert AND TX who instigated by mudslinging Kate Temkin before the bootrom exploit was leaked as well as in SX OS V1.3 by labeling hexkyz's tweets as fake news when they themselves never admitted to including brick code in the first place. The point is neither side is right on this debate and this debate should not exist in the first place.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
until h provides proof I'm gonna call his claim fake news.

brick code in sx? yeah i believe it.

possible to trigger in normal use? bullshit.

Reactions: 210modz

Kun_ADR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Those were the good ol' days, PSP had a kickass homebrew scene. That was the beginning of my console hacking, it was right after I bought a hacked OG Xbox(I had to know what else I can hack).

My next favorite scene was the Wii homebrew scene.

I'm hoping the Switch homebrew scene is filled with more orginal homebrew games and not just utilities and ports like the 3DS.

Anyways, I'm a fan of TX, I've installed a handful of modchips and used Jungle Flasher durning my 360 hacking days but they kind of rubbed me the wrong way this time around. That being said, I hope their OS does get cracked, call it poetic justice if you will. I mean they cracked the Switch wide open with their product(and stolen code), it only seems fair that the devs do the same to them.

Stolen code? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Atmosphere open source?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stolen code? Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Atmosphere open source?
Its licensed under GPL meaning you are allowed to borrow code from it but only if the source code of whatever it is that you are building with what you borrowed is released (which TX has not done or probably will do ever)

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, I couldn't care less about the politics here, I just want to play backups. It's like some people who buy drugs but hates dealing with drug dealers... it's the same thing here. Nobody likes to deal with those dodgy businesses in China but has no choice if you want a backup player.

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It isn't just credit, they'd have to provide the changed source code too.

I guess hopes are they released the changes and free backup loading is acchieved but I guess they would only have to release changes within the stolen code... It seems like (just guessing from hex tweets that the only change was to remove the Easter egg in v1.3 (crediting would have done it for releases before that).

The backup loading part of sx is in another code section and independent from the stolen code and could stay closed (if I understand gpl correctly)

Reactions: Quantumcat

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The backup loading part of sx is in another code section and independent from the stolen code and could stay closed (if I understand gpl correctly)

Linking to GPL code would require you to release your code under GPL. The LGPL would work the way you suggest.

Reactions: Dabiolos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well