Hacking SX OS 1.1 Is Out

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a lot of people with sx os, so what if there was like a website people could put all there certs on, thed be so many surely nintendo wouldnt be able to ban every single one, if they did that thed have a huge loss because alot of certs/carts would be useless.
That's what a ban wave is

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right and i can't see nintendo really banning cart certs even if they detect the same cert connected online at the same time more than once because how can they prove who actually owns that cart,there not going to kill online play on used games.
Its not a matter of who owns the game but the fact that the identical header is being used on 2 different games is a big red flag that someone dumped their header and shared it with someone else as it is literally impossible to do that without hacking the console. This was how people were banned on the 3DS. Obviously, people made sure to never headers anymore after that point and continued injecting foreign headers into backups for online play. Now Nintendo wised up and can detect if there is a foreign header injected or not so the ban-wave is only a matter of time.

Reactions: chartube12

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was you, I saw your post in the youtube video informing about the cert block!!!
Haha it caught me off guard to say the least! Watching spawn wave then suddenly I appear

All that information is largely irrelevant now that 1.1 allows you to play legit backups online.

This could also start people selling game certs (lol). But I seriously hope it doesn’t.

This also means that the possibility of Nintendo banning game certs is very possible. Which is very worrisome. All I can picture is some kids game that he brought from eBay getting banned after a month or so. Not every switch user is on gbatemp / knows what’s going on so they would be clueless.

In short I wish backups didn’t work online at all, regardless if they’re your own.

Reactions: chartube12

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not a matter of who owns the game but the fact that the identical header is being used on 2 different games is a big red flag that someone dumped their header and shared it with someone else as it is literally impossible to do that without hacking the console. This was how people were banned on the 3DS. Obviously, people made sure to never headers anymore after that point and continued injecting foreign headers into backups for online play. Now Nintendo wised up and can detect if there is a foreign header injected or not so the ban-wave is only a matter of time.

So you don't think Nintendo will make a distinction between a shared cert that has been shared over popular piracy sites/torrents which have been downloaded/used 1000's of times vs someone buying and dumping a cart cert that may get used a few times?

Nintendo are not going to kill off used switch sales by banning tons of used carts because that would be a disaster for a number of game chains and cause endless issues...

Edit: Ok so according to this youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=293&v=waJxvBBAc84 they aren't banning anything but instead being able to detect a cart isn't being loaded via the game slot which makes sense.

So the issue seems to be to trick the switch into thinking dumped carts loading off internal or microsd are coming from the game slot,not sure if that sounds possible?

Last edited by Fluffball,

STKV182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Why everytime i boot SX OS i go straight to CFW and don't get to choose like i did the first time when i could choose between OF, CFW or Auto RCM ?

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can use a scene release, use XCI explorer to inject my own carts cert and it'll be good? What if its a different game than the cart?

Fluffball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read my above post,the problem seems to be Nintendo can detect if a cart is being loaded physically in the game slot vs internally/microsd,injecting your own cert or changing the header seems to be a temporary solution for some people but it will 100% be flagged soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.