1. Lazyboss

OP Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    greetings all, sorry if this question was covered in another thread but I can't find a good tutorial to cover the installation of sx core step by step.
    I recently got an sx core and I cannot figure out how to install it into my switch the correct way, most of the videos I found in YT either too fast or they skip the most critical part, I know it seems easy for people with experience but my soldering skills are basic.
    So if anyone please can point me to a good tutorial either in gbatemp or videos that cover up everything like opening the switch case and adding the thermal paste or that silver 5 something (sorry im not familiar with that), any advice, tutorial or video will be appreciated.
    And sorry if this question was covered many times, thanks.

2. leapingliger

leapingliger Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Look up "sthetix sx core" on google and click the first link. YT removes most videos on the sx core.

Lazyboss likes this.
  3. Lazyboss

United Arab Emirates
    Thanks I will check it.

4. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Aug 17, 2020
  5. MaxiBus

MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    These tutorials are very basic, too basic for some (and me)

6. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Aug 17, 2020
  7. MaxiBus

MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I do not think that you are in the position to tell me not to install the chip by myself. Only mum can do.
    I am speaking for me and other noobs - if you are OK with the official tuts, congratulations!

Its these pictures from the official:
    upload_2020-8-17_20-55-29.png

vs these pictures from another source:
    upload_2020-8-17_20-56-13.png

8. squee666
    Aug 17, 2020
  9. MaxiBus

MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I do not want a video guide, i did a sucessfull install. But what was your problem again?

EDIT: Is the official tut your handmade masterpiece painted in MS paint, or why are you that toxic?

Last edited by MaxiBus, Aug 17, 2020
  10. Lazyboss

United Arab Emirates
    Guys relax i just asked for a detailed tutorial because where I live there is no one to fix it for me, or at least I didn't find, but I want to learn because people like me like to learn, I won't just give up because I'm not familiar with it, otherwise I won't learn anything and keep relaying on other people to do these things.

Anyway these links are very helpful and I'm checking them to get the full picture.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installation, helpful, Light