Hacking SX Core / Light installation helpful

Lazyboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
greetings all, sorry if this question was covered in another thread but I can't find a good tutorial to cover the installation of sx core step by step.
I recently got an sx core and I cannot figure out how to install it into my switch the correct way, most of the videos I found in YT either too fast or they skip the most critical part, I know it seems easy for people with experience but my soldering skills are basic.
So if anyone please can point me to a good tutorial either in gbatemp or videos that cover up everything like opening the switch case and adding the thermal paste or that silver 5 something (sorry im not familiar with that), any advice, tutorial or video will be appreciated.
And sorry if this question was covered many times, thanks.

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If a picture guide is too much for you to understand I don't think you should be self installing this chip. Considering both guides literally show images of where the flex goes and what to solder

I do not think that you are in the position to tell me not to install the chip by myself. Only mum can do.
I am speaking for me and other noobs - if you are OK with the official tuts, congratulations!

Its these pictures from the official:
upload_2020-8-17_20-55-29.png

vs these pictures from another source:
upload_2020-8-17_20-56-13.png

MaxiBus

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ahh yes one set of pictures from the manual showing the exact solder points lined up alongside the qsb, how it should be aligned and an after shot

vs a picture of the motherboard pretinned

but when you want a video guide to make a basic guide even simpler, it kinda defers from the point of the manual you probably didnt read.

wcWj5wG.png

which is why we get so many people failing basic tasks like using correct heat (because this varys per iron/solder/irontip)
using enough flux or even correctly soldering.

because just like all those switch hacking and 3ds guides people tell you time and time again to not use from videos
it doesnt work like that .

but sure heres a video guide

I do not want a video guide, i did a sucessfull install. But what was your problem again?

EDIT: Is the official tut your handmade masterpiece painted in MS paint, or why are you that toxic?

Last edited by MaxiBus,

Lazyboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Guys relax i just asked for a detailed tutorial because where I live there is no one to fix it for me, or at least I didn't find, but I want to learn because people like me like to learn, I won't just give up because I'm not familiar with it, otherwise I won't learn anything and keep relaying on other people to do these things.

Anyway these links are very helpful and I'm checking them to get the full picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool