1. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So I have installed my sx core, using a 128gb fat32 sd card, first time I turned on set up emunand, turned off to get activation code, all worked fine but now I have the issue.
    I turn it on and get sx logo, then nintendo logo then it turns off? Tried loads of times same issue.
    Read it could be fat32 issue so got another sd card exfat. It does the same boots to nintendo logo then goes off?
    I ejected the sd card and it booted?
    If I insert the fat32 card it asks to restart to format, I do but it will not boot again after that and back to square one?
    Any ideas on what I can do/try.
    Thanks

2. cherup

cherup Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Latest sx version is a bit buggy, so I also need several tries until it is booted correctly.
    At least you can give it a try.

3. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't think links are allowed but is there somewhere to get older sxos, was trying to look for 3.0.4

4. DPyro

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Xecuter Telegram.

5. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just note 3.0.4 won't work on 10.2.0

10.1.0 and below only.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

6. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    O that's not good! Thought I was being good updating beforehand..

Does anyone know if I simply unplug the sx chip (not de-solder) should my switch boot normal?
    I wanted to know if I do this I might be able to set my sd card up to work then try again with cfw?

7. cherup

cherup Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    If you put the nand back on the original place the switch should boot normally.

lpoolm likes this.
  8. DPyro

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Get a program like mini partition tool and format the card FAT32 making sure its using MBR.

9. iialaq01

iialaq01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Attached Files:

10. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks, downloaded that, I cant seem to find an option for MBR though?

Thanks for this but I am on the sx lite, i have checked all points and all seem good around the heat shield

iialaq01 likes this.
  11. iialaq01

iialaq01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought you mentioned SX core so I assumed it’s a regular switch. Do you by any chance have photos of the soldering points?

12. DPyro

DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    iialaq01 likes this.
  13. rdlf4

rdlf4 Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    ?
    I'm sorry, could you elaborate on that? What exactly do you mean by "put the NAND back on the original place"? Is that even possible on the Switch Lite? If so, how?

EDIT: By the way, what to do if the Switch Lite won't even show the SX splash screen? Been stuck with mine on 3.0.5BETA, which goes from blinking blue to solid green,to no effect, as the device won't show a thing with my microSD card inserted? Attempting to boot without the card makes it show "BOOT.DAT?" screen tho.
    Memory card is fine, tried it with F3READ and F3WRITE, it did a successful run with no corrupt file.
    Now my Switch Lite is dead, but it was working flawlessly two months ago. What could it be?

Last edited by rdlf4, Oct 23, 2020
  14. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Right so I have made progress but its now evolved :cry:

I have found the issue is when I add the license key to my sd card.

If I do not add the license key I can load to the sx home screen and can boot ofw or limited cfw.
    When I add the license key it will not boot past nintendo logo?

I have seen a few old threads on this issue but no solutions?

So I have created a hidden emunand, I am right in thinking putting the license key in the visible part is correct?
    Is it worth trying to create an emunand that is not hidden and trying that way?

I dont want to use it without an emunand as its my intention to use for as long as possible before a ban comes in on/offline.

Any ideas please?

iialaq01 likes this.
  15. iialaq01

iialaq01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    now it’s 100% clear to me. You probably did not have the exfat drive installed in the system nand and you made emunand before that. I experienced the exact symptoms and thanks to @squee666 he helped me out with this issue. Now, try this, go to OFW then remove the SD card then it will normally boot to ofw. Then add a blank exfat or far32 micro sd and the switch will install the exfat drive in the system nand and then you’re good to go. Good luck

16. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Right, I did that but still not booting from my original sd card that has emunand set up? It did update though so done something!
    I have deleted my sd card with emunand on and started setting up emunand fresh again to see if that works? fingers crossed.

17. iialaq01

iialaq01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    follow these steps exactly.
    Use the same SD card go choose OFW then when you’re stuck in the boot loop. Remove the sd card and it will go to the Home Screen. After that add a different sd card with exfat or fat32 and you’ll see a message saying installing exfat drive and will restart then it’s good to go

18. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately this does not work.
    I use my emunand sd card without the license code and it boots to sx menu, i can boot ofw. I eject the sd card and it just says sd card ejected turn off system, no other option.

iialaq01 likes this.
  19. iialaq01

iialaq01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    In ofw it never turns off when you eject SD that only happens in cfw. At least that’s what I experience.

20. lpoolm

OP lpoolm GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Right, thanks for your help and patience.
    I have it working, I formated the sd card out emunand back on but without the hidden partition.
    I tried to turn it on again adding the license key and same issue!
    Decided to try again but holding volume up and it booted to the sx menu which it hadn't before, both cfw/ofw booted!
    Cfw was slow booting though, from Nintendo logo, to switch logo, on that for a bit then started.
    Thanks again!

iialaq01 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, booting, issue