Hacking SX Brickcode is Worse Than Expected, Can Trigger From Use

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
TX is a business and always has been for 15 years now, they were never part of the community or so they care about sharing their findings. They are based in China so good luck suing them

Reactions: ultramario1998

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, how many normal consoles users have been bricked so far using tx os?

Seems there's alot of hate but go back a week when people on here thought it was going to cracked and shared for free and everyone was hyper for it. if you don't want to use it because your some kind of ethical pirate who only plays pirate games using free things fair enough but you can't argue that their loader does exactly what it says it does. And for the £21 it costs it's cheap.

Reactions: Axido

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
this guy needs to let it go. no one cares. and nothing is going to happen to anyone's switch.
I remember when Gateway had brick code in their EMUNand and everyone lost their mind calling them brickway.
The situation is almost exactly the same: Gateway stole code from established developers, too. The only difference: People already had a free way to pirate the shit out of their 3DS.
People really do only care about piracy.

Reactions: Essasetic

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I've heard it can only trigger from messing with voltages and temperatures. All of this isn't really putting me off preordering my SX Pro as (the bricking problem) isn't a problem to the average user. It only triggers when:
1. You try to "reverse engineer" it (crack it).
2. You mess with the temperatures and voltages and other highly sensitive stuff.
To be safe I'd still use it as normal but be careful on which settings you mess with.

Reactions: scroeffie

Plague1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain's Log, Stardate 27631.5. we're still braving the shit storm from the salty fanboys that's furious that assmophere hasn't released yet. Meanwhile back on Earth there hasn't been a single case of switch-brick from out of THOUSANDS of those who bought SX OS despite an unprecedented amount of new accounts on gbatemp bitching about it.

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Captain's Log, Stardate 27631.5. we're still braving the shit storm from the salty fanboys that's furious that assmophere hasn't released yet. Meanwhile back on Earth there hasn't been a single case of switch-brick from out of THOUSANDS of those who bought SX OS despite an unprecedented amount of new accounts on gbatemp bitching about it.

Spock, there....doesn't seem....to be any........intelligent life on this....planet.

Reactions: Risingdawn

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I remember when Gateway had brick code in their EMUNand and everyone lost their mind calling them brickway.
The situation is almost exactly the same: Gateway stole code from established developers, too. The only difference: People already had a free way to pirate the shit out of their 3DS.
People really do only care about piracy.
this is not the full truth. Before the 3ds was blown open gateway was one of the better piracy solutions available.
Just wanted to correct that

Reactions: Eddypikachu

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hexkyz is telling us that it's built on top of code they wrote, almost exclusively in fact. I'm going to trust the person with the IDA license.

What do you mean by "almost exclusively"?

"After stripping down all the obfuscation we can now say for sure that the SX OS is made of:
- Custom bootloader to display their main menu;
- Set of kernel + INI1/KIP1 patches to disable signature checking;
- Modified KIP1 Loader.

The "Loader" is the meat of the "OS", but it's nothing more than:
- An old build of nx-hbmenu;
- Atmosphère's loader code.

Backup loading is mostly achieved by parsing and decrypting XCI files and feeding them directly to the FS sysmodule (which has signature checks disabled)."

He does seem to be trying to over emphasise the role of stolen code. I'd have thought the backup loading was the "meat of the OS"

Last edited by smf,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I just actually read the whole thread to the end instead of the just the first bit about the purple screen.

YES ITS OBVIOUSLY A TROLL

Jesus.

Edit: Just want to add, the troll is going to work btw.. because instead of instantly dismissing it, people will re-post and speculate and re-post and speculate.. until it builds up hype and becomes an actual big deal.

Last edited by subcon959,

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But you actually don't know if it is legit... Are you expecting us to give you a definite answer about that?
How would one know if it is legit. This is the thread about the possibility of sx triggering the brick code so I just mention it.
Sorry that you are not smart enough to know it is not a question asking for a conclusive answer...

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You also get Purple Screen if you boot from Brickmiiv2 to SX OS, but it fixed itself. So I asume the Brickcode maybe trigger, but it can auto fix itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo