Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Eh, it's basically my topic, the mods will let us know if they're upset about it. In other news, really, a Sailor Moon remake? Oy gevalt. Also, we are looking into the possibility of taking the official translation and using that to quickly finish the IM patch, but that may or may not be possible before the translation is finished anyway.
Yep some anime just don't need a remake lol.
Umm,In my opinion the translators should just release what they have done so far because I don't think in 2 months the project will be finished that's up to them though! :) (But they still have my gratitude for starting this project Sword Art Online is my favorite anime!)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep some anime just don't need a remake lol.
Umm,In my opinion the translators should just release what they have done so far because I don't think in 2 months the project will be finished that's up to them though! :) (But they still have my gratitude for starting this project Sword Art Online is my favorite anime!)
While it's true that the translation won't be finished in two months, we will likely finish this project for people who don't have Vitas. We could release a menu patch I guess, but it's buggy as fuck right now.

Reactions: signz

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
While it's true that the translation won't be finished in two months, we will likely finish this project for people who don't have Vitas. We could release a menu patch I guess, but it's buggy as fuck right now.
I wish you good luck then! :) ask SkyBladeCloud for help I guess he will help you people! :)

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ye I would greatly appreciate a PSP patch even if it just means cramming in the official translation, i cant justify buying a Vita atm. Personally have no interest in Persona 4 Golden and have never been a final fantasy fan (just played dissidia 012 which was great fun) and i never bothered with DBZ from the start. Gundam Breaker sounds like it might be a bit interesting but again i never bothered watching the actual series as im not heavily into anime. Will look into Gundam Breaker and see what its like but really I havent seen anything of interest on the Vita for me personally so far, most likely because it simply isnt popular here in the west so its primarily getting eastern games made for it. Not that thats necessarily bad, certainly some good games getting made just not many that are to my interest like IM/HF are.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's still buggy? What's the issue? Any specific filetypes?
Buggy might be the wrong word, everything is fine as far as programming goes, but it looks like crap because we haven't done any ASM hacking yet, and haven't gone through and made everything fit on the screen correctly. It's just a matter of taking the time to do it, but it seems pointless to do that for a menu only patch.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
So you have all the script files decompiled and recompiled etc? Are b4 and b2 opcodes? They seem really far away from what I've gotten to so far, up to 3f, so I'm not sure. I can't seem to get any to breakpoint in the game.

The main pain I see with this are the hard-coded jump locations on the 0x1a - 0x1f opcodes. Will have to think of a way to handle that.

EDIT: Hmm, my recompiler is working so far, in that it doesn't crash the game at least, but I can't find some embedded string length:

D6aAilD.jpg

In the script itself I can't find anything that matches the length of the strings. I assume you guys already fixed this though, can I get a hint Sporky? :D

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have all the script files decompiled and recompiled etc? Are b4 and b2 opcodes? They seem really far away from what I've gotten to so far, up to 3f, so I'm not sure. I can't seem to get any to breakpoint in the game.

The main pain I see with this are the hard-coded jump locations on the 0x1a - 0x1f opcodes. Will have to think of a way to handle that.

EDIT: Hmm, my recompiler is working so far, in that it doesn't crash the game at least, but I can't find some embedded string length:

D6aAilD.jpg

In the script itself I can't find anything that matches the length of the strings. I assume you guys already fixed this though, can I get a hint Sporky? :D
I'm just a translator, but I'll ask Uncle StorMyu to answer your question.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little strayed topic but, i watched SAO's oneechan anime, Accel World, and am interested in its games and was wondering if any translation work had been done for its story. i have seen no hint to an eng version, or an eng option in the menu, but is there something like this [http://yomikaeru.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page_3.html] for it
Omar and I have looked at that, and are thinking about doing that for our next project, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I assumed you knew, I assumed you had already fixed it, I just wanted to know how.

I looked at some of the code, it gets the length of the string, but then encodes it to 2 bytes instead of 1, so the length set is half what it should be, that's easily fixed, but then when it goes and copies the string, it'll end up writing into the texture data below it, which is already written before the string, and breaks things.

Starts getting a lot more complicated going down that route, there must be an easier way.

Intrepid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little strayed topic but, i watched SAO's oneechan anime, Accel World, and am interested in its games and was wondering if any translation work had been done for its story. i have seen no hint to an eng version, or an eng option in the menu, but is there something like this [http://yomikaeru.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page_3.html] for it

Accel World is literally my favorite series ever, and I too was disappointed to see that there was no translation for the games. So many people hate the MC though that interest in the series (and subsequently for translating the games) is definitely lower than SAO. I would be thrilled beyond belief if they were translated someday, as the Accel World games are mainly text based instead of a focus on the fighting aspect, so it isn't worthwhile to import them unless a patch were available.

Getting back on topic, I once again want to thank everyone involved with the project for all the work they have put in. Even though I have a Vita and am excited for Hollow Area, I will still download the patch for Infinity Moment so I can play it on my PSP. You guys have put in so much work as it is, and not everyone has/ will get a Vita, so it makes sense to keep going.

And before I forget, the OP looks pretty good. Hopefully this will at least help stem the tide of stupid questions this thread receives. Of course, there will always be those that continue to ask without reading the thread, but at least people have the opportunity to learn the level of progress without having to navigate the (almost) 50 pages of this thread.

jag272

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasnt actually aware there were Accel World games as its never something i looked into, they look quite good though. And ye im one of those people that couldnt stand the Accel World MC, especially when he just flat out reverted to his old ways. Anyway thats beside the point.

Since it seems like this may draw to a close soon assuming the plan is to simply work the official translation into the patch, i wanted to say thanks again for all the work you guys put into the translation. Looking forward to playing the game as in the end i decided trying to play it in japanese wasnt for me. Thanks for still providing a patch for those of us without a Vita who cant benefit from the new Vita release. Might just try and pick up a used Vita cheap or something at some point when i play to play Hollow Fragment, depends how much new ones cost at that time but £150 is too much for me atm until i find some games i really feel make the purchase of a vita worthwhile.

OP is indeed looking very nice now too.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds good, quite how much is modified. Anything story wise or did they just adjust things like the battle system a bit to suit hollow fragment?

Also good to hear Fuyu, saw you post about it a page or two back, glad to see someone else working on it, we all appreciate it.

Hollow fragment is looking like a reason to buy a Vita. That said a new one is £150 on Amazon, thats a high price to pay for a single game, or i guess you could say 2 games.

They changed the beginning a bit. It starts with a teaser of the Hollow Arc before reverting to the IM arc. They run in parallell so you can play with any time. There is a recap for the IM you can look at which is almost the whole skitch at the beginning of IM. All heroines are available at the start and they modified the story so they would fit it in aka recap, dialogues. Not something I would miss. Everything else is IM except for the Hollow Arc battle system (A good thing). Summary: Small modifications in the beginning of IM to fit HF, recap for those who wants more. Just make sure to play IM first for full enjoyment.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been doing some work on the scripts, and it's going along nicely. Here are some of the external function calls which are called with the 0x20 opcode before I end up losing them:

0 - set flag
1 - dev output, comments, debug text etc
97 - adv text - takes 5 parameters - char number, text, unknown (just push 1), push 0 for wait for input/1 for automatic, push 4. Last var crashes the game if above 4, dunno why.
98 - adv text with specific name supplied - takes 5(6?) parameters - same as above, except set string to the name you want and push 3e6 for the name.
a8 - voice/sound + lip syncing - takes 2 parameters - voice filename, push 1 to play the file or 0 for not to (disables the lip syncing too).
a20 - change character texture
ea - play movie - 2 parameters - movie filename and push 1

TheDave7365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Accel World is literally my favorite series ever, and I too was disappointed to see that there was no translation for the games. So many people hate the MC though that interest in the series (and subsequently for translating the games) is definitely lower than SAO. I would be thrilled beyond belief if they were translated someday, as the Accel World games are mainly text based instead of a focus on the fighting aspect, so it isn't worthwhile to import them unless a patch were available.

i liked it, and people who dislike the main, thats how people like him are portayed in anime. if you watch the 2nd OVA, you see the shadow of him if he lost weight, and it looks like a normal anime char. im sure if he was pulled into reality he would still be chuby just not ridiculously short. i thought he was a bit of an ass at first but he got better personality wise(he turned into an ass again because of the calamity armor. but that should be obvious.). other than that... sorry for the distracting topic, again, all my support to this team, Yoroshiku!!! ;)

Shishi

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhm hello guys im new here and im one of SAO's biggest fan. im so happy that the translation is still on-going (am i right?) :D anyway im just saying to all translators and others staffs that working on this game to make it possible to the people like me who cant understand jap that much to play this game a Very Big THUMBS UP and wishing this to be a successful patch.

PS: sorry for my english :D i suck at english XD

PSS: uhm even if its not complete yet can i have a sample patch even if its not fully complete :D (sorry for this part of message im just so desperately wanting this game for a looooong loooong time)

PSS: I miss my Asuna Waifu <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0