Homebrew Discussion SwitchRoot - Android

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thanks notimp, all of that is pretty nice.
But ... KODI on Android doesn't support touch controls? Really?
Probably a dpi issue, its more than just screen sensitivity.

The touchscreens tracking is not 1:1 over the screen its offset, and touchinputs are very finicky, so it might as well not work at all.

Someone with android set to 720p should test Kodi and report of touchscreen input works then.

So far my best guess is, that the overlay is run in 1080p, but the touchscreenmapping is for 720p - or something along those lines.

Controller input works well though, and is extensive - so you dont miss any features, or something along those lines.

Also - as seen in the video - why touch the switch at all.. ;)

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably a dpi issue, its more than just screen sensitivity.

The touchscreens tracking is not 1:1 over the screen its offset, and touchinputs are very finicky, so it might as well not work at all.

Someone with android set to 720p should test Kodi and report of touchscreen input works then.

So far my best guess is, that the overlay is run in 1080p, but the touchscreenmapping is for 720p - or something along those lines.

Controller input works well though, and is extensive - so you dont miss any features, or something along those lines.

Also - as seen in the video - why touch the switch at all.. ;)
I was looking forward to use Android mainly to consume my movies from within my unlimited Google Drive with KODI and its GDrive add-on while lying lazy in my bed. :P
So touch would be the fastest way (like on my smartphone). If it's really just a DPI issue, it could be resolved. :)

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is someone able to get the joycons to work in oddmar? Or might know how to separate joycon controls so they work as standalone?

D

Deleted User

Anyone got the latest Joycon fix? Having issues with PokeMMO, and i've been told in a few places now to get the latest joycon fix, but I can only find the one (original one?)?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought Damon ps2 pro but unfortunately it crashes. Any help please?

Idk about the bought version, but i ran a free damon ps2 pro version and it ran fine, the only downside was you need to clear the emulator data under settings, or it would get a white screen after the next boot. Maybe the game your running doesnt work? Between you and me it doesnt run great as it isnt a direct port to arm64, it is some flimsy work around process.
Also anyone trying to get X-plore working with usb data through the dock, an additional step is required to enable it through the menu setting after opening x-plore. Couldnt for the life of me figure out why it wasnt reading.

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When loadig up cod mobile says dosent meet system requirements cuz it need 3gb of ram n more and switch reads only 1.2gb availble out of 3.7

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When loadig up cod mobile says dosent meet system requirements cuz it need 3gb of ram n more and switch reads only 1.2gb availble out of 3.7
It doesn't meet system requirements because the x1 is old out dated technology and the game developers don't support it. Has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of ram. You can use GLtools to spoof an adreno gpu & it will get you pass the system requirement screen & allow you to login. That is as far as I made it, it got stuck in a validation loop. Another thing that's going to prevent you from meeting system requirements is location. The game is only available in 2 or 3 countries & you have to use a VPN.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Played a bunch of redream (Beta) (sign into the beta program at the bottom of the play store page to get a version that also supports the joycons) - and had my fun with Shenmue II.

You need to set power profiles to max power, to play the game mostly in full speed (minor audio crackles once in a while, using original resolution) - but for whatever reason the fan isn't hat annoying here.

Play time in this usecase ais about 5 hours (maybe less) on one charge.

Everything went smooth, until the game crashed at the sequence where Joy brings you at the harbor to work for the first time, the game crashed there - but also I was on 4.3% battery by then - so maybe that was the issue.. ;)

Have to retry once my switch is charged again. :)

I also have about 100 screenshots so far already, so I'll pick some of those and put them in this thread eventuelly. :)

Still a great game. :) Forgot how much of an open world vibe (with stuff to do) Shenmue II already had. :)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Shenmue 2 save with about 9000 Dollars of in game money, after the first day of work, with only one Wude learned (= point of story progression) - for Redream.
https://mirrorace.com/m/5BKA9

Gallery with about 150 Shenmue 2 images. :) (Game hex hacked to run in 16:9 with no black borders during cutscenes.)

I went a bit overboard... ;)

Oh, and the crash wasn't an issue the second time around. :)

Last edited by notimp,

W9qI8k5QMf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When you run this under different battery settings, does anyone have a source on all the different clock speeds for switch, as in balance/performance/quick and the underclocking settings aswell? I can literally find zero information on the subject.

Last edited by Basketto,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yes - you can use that. If you are after getting L3 and R3 to work, and L2 and R2 working (in games like Portal). :) Also - the Joysticks register as analog with this one (but only output 100% in each direction pressed - there is no better implementation yet).

Those "packages" are only two android controller files - you can look into with any text editor (to see which changes were made). There are several versions out there - because people have all kinds of different preferences on what facebutton should do what - or should be mapped as what (remember Xbox controller button designations are switched (A=B, B=A, X=Y, Y=Y, .. ) to the designations on the switch joycons - and 'Xbox Controller scheme' kind of is more of a standard, so hilarity ensues. :)

Other than all kind of different mappings floating around for that reason - this is the most current as far as "thoughtful changes" are concerned. :)

Remember that you can always change button mappings in games, or in emulators - so which face button is which doesnt necessarily matter that much.

(L3 and R3 were forgotten to be implemented in the first release, L2 and R2 registered as "always pressed" in some games, in earlier releases, Analog sticks would not be listed as analog in the first releases, thereby causing some games not registering them. All that is fixed int he linked release. Don't forget to mount system, before flashing with TWRP.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why you run this under different battery settings, does anyone have a source on all the different clock speeds for switch, as in balance/performance/quick and the underclocking settings aswell? I can literally find zero information on the subject.
Fan speed, and battery life.

Default is balanced, which is a good - balanced option. :)

Drastic can run at minimal speed (extreme energy savings profile) at least for 2D games like Phoenix Wright, which lowers the fan speed and increases play time to 7 hours.

Redream needs the 'max' performance profile, not to stutter noticeably during gameplay - so there its appropriate to use that. You can quickly access/switch them by dragging down on the notification bar, clicking the gear icon (Android settings), going into battery settings and then into performance profiles from there.

I dont know what CPU/GPU speeds they map to - if someone finds out, post it in here. :)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Basketto

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you run this under different battery settings, does anyone have a source on all the different clock speeds for switch, as in balance/performance/quick and the underclocking settings aswell? I can literally find zero information on the subject.
You wouldn't be asking those questions if you actually bothered to read. Literally one of the first questions answered on the android release thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end