Hacking Switching to AKAIO after 1.4 DannyPhantom fix

braceyoself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i and have updated it to work with my DSi on firmware 1.4 using the unofficial Danny Phantom fix. It works great right now.
I'm trying to get the new Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story game to work. Someone said they were able to get it loaded and save after using a patch going around as well as the latest version of AKAIO and AK2Loader.
My question is this: If I want to switch from the firmware I'm currently using to the latest AKAIO, will it cause issues with the card itself? Will I need to repatch it with the Danny Phantom fix once I put AKAIO on my card?

My microSD card currently has this:
akmenu4.nds
__ak2

AKAIO 1.4.1 has this:
akmenu4.nds
__aio

I don't believe I have an older version of AKAIO installed. I'm guessing i'm using the official firmware right now. Has anyone done this and had little to no trouble?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its ok,you can switch your firmware,the update is built in the card im sure. So it wouldn't even matter if you reformat the SD card. Enjoy Akaio,its kick ass.

CWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did this exact thing yesterday (switching to AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper) after upgrading to the Phantom fix. Havent had a single problem. I just deleted the 2 old directories, copied the new AKAIO ones in place and that was it. No reformatting needed. As omgpwn states, the Phantom update is written to the Acekard itself and has nothing to do with whatever firmware (AKAIO, AKRPG, etc) that you choose to run.

braceyoself

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses, guys. I appreciate the input. I have now successfully made the switch to AKAIO. Everything is working great, as you stated. I even got Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to work! Bonus. So everything is great now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night