Hacking Switching from R4 to M3 Real.

BlueBX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would pick neither but if I had to choose between the two I would go for M3 due to its ability to use Micro SDHC cards.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All popular flashcarts are better than the R4. R4 is old and doesn't get much updates anymore.

I have an M3 and it's okay, definitely better than R4. I'd still go with an AK2 or if you have more money the CycloDS.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went from the M3 simply (might as well be an R4) to the M3 Real and was astounded at the improvement. I'm very happy with the Real. It's well worth the price.
Go ahead and get the "perfect pack" with the GBA expansion, and there will be little-to-nothing that you won't be able to do.
I just wish there was an in-game text viewer like the Cyclo, but hey, everybody wants their card to be more like the Cyclo.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do get it, make sure you get the M3 iSakuReal firmware available on our M3 Adapter forum - it allows you to automatically boot into the superior M3 Sakura firmware, and let you use the M3 Real firmware for when certain games/homebrews have problems with Sakura. Also, make sure you pick up the GBA expansion as well, as half the reason to buy it is for built-in GBA loading.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh i switched from the R4 to an EZ Flash V+ and ive only had cheat issues but other than that none. EZ Flash v is cheap on DX btw.

Speaking of EZ Flash V, is there a progress bar when NDS games load? Where can i get this?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carterman said:
If you do get it, make sure you get the M3 iSakuReal firmware available on our M3 Adapter forum - it allows you to automatically boot into the superior M3 Sakura firmware, and let you use the M3 Real firmware for when certain games/homebrews have problems with Sakura. Also, make sure you pick up the GBA expansion as well, as half the reason to buy it is for built-in GBA loading.

Much as I love the Sakura firmware, is there actually any good reason to have/use the iTouch firmware?
I've not yet found one.
My personal recommendation is to use the dual-boot firmware (M3Real/Sakura)
but either way you decide to go, it's an excellent setup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*