• Replies 255
  • Likes 21

stackweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with this. I'm on 4.1.0 and it simply doesn't boot. I enter rcm mode and put in the USB cord (with TegraRCMGUI set to auto inject the payload). The payload injects. The screen flashes white and then nothing happens. The screen remains turned on and that's it.

I have previously used a different hekate to dump my nand from this Switch so I am not having issues entering RCM or using TegraRCMGUI/NXLoader.

If anybody can help, then that would be great :D

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with this. I'm on 4.1.0 and it simply doesn't boot. I enter rcm mode and put in the USB cord (with TegraRCMGUI set to auto inject the payload). The payload injects. The screen flashes white and then nothing happens. The screen remains turned on and that's it.

I have previously used a different hekate to dump my nand from this Switch so I am not having issues entering RCM or using TegraRCMGUI/NXLoader.

If anybody can help, then that would be great :D
It might be your sd card, if I remove my sd card and try to load hekate, I get a black screen. you could try a different sd card, or move your stuff from your sd and format it and move your stuff back

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Attachments

• splash.bin.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 470

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've created a Image Converter for Windows. No need for Python anymore. You should be able to just run it, select your 1280x720 PNG image and hit convert to save your splash.bin file.

Download: https://github.com/StevenMattera/SwitchBlade-ImageConverter/releases
Source Code: https://github.com/StevenMattera/SwitchBlade-ImageConverter

Thank-you this helps a lot, now I don't have to redownload anything between Windows Installations, been needing to refresh my Windows 10 OS hopfully even set-up a dual boot, w/ Kali Linux too ^_^

Reactions: wicksand420

Dread_Pirate_PJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of making a randomized boot image?

I also was thinking about this.

Line 245 of ipl/main.c needs to be changed to do the following:

1) create a list of files named splash??.bin, where ? is a number from 0 to 9.
2) generate a random number between 1 and the length of the list.
3) use the random number as the index of the splash filename to load.

I'll work on this tomorrow and send @shmadul a PR

stackweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be your sd card, if I remove my sd card and try to load hekate, I get a black screen. you could try a different sd card, or move your stuff from your sd and format it and move your stuff back

I formatted another sd card and loaded the files on it but unfortunately I got the same result.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted another sd card and loaded the files on it but unfortunately I got the same result.
do other payloads work for you? if so it might be a problem with how your computer sends the payload, or perhaps the payload its self. Try to download the switchblade payload again and replace the sd card files from the download

stackweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried a third card for giggles and got a different result. A screen that says Blade on it comes up and then the system turns off.

The third card was exfat whereas the other two were fat32. My switch doesn't have the exfat patch which is why I was saying that it was for giggles.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried a third card for giggles and got a different result. A screen that says Blade on it comes up and then the system turns off.

The third card was exfat whereas the other two were fat32. My switch doesn't have the exfat patch which is why I was saying that it was for giggles.
try that card as fat32 with 32kb clusters

stackweaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thank you.

Now the only problem is that I won't be able to have > 4 GB files on this card. At least not until some kind of patch comes through...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...