• Replies 255
  • Likes 21

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct. If there is no`splash.bin` or files in your `splashes` folder.

Version 1.0.6 was released:
  • Holding Vol- while sending the payload will load the stock-ish firmware. (Useful for AutoRCM) It will still patch pkg1 to skip hash checks, but it will not merge in kip1 blobs to enable homebrew. This also still has the sleep bug and could still be detected by Nintendo. The only thing this does is give you access to your photo album.
Download: https://github.com/Shmadul/hekate-ipl-50x/releases/tag/v1.0.6

Just finished testing my card and can confirm this isn't working for Samsung based cards (tried all different formatting,(Samsung 128GB Evo+ and other non-samsung microSD cards) on system version 4.1.0 Payload 1.0.6

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you using ExFat or Fat32? I have a 256GB Samsung card at home I can test this on. Also are you getting a black screen or are you getting console messages with 1.0.6? Are you getting an error saying "Failed to mount SD card (make sure that it is inserted)."?
I've tried both ExFat & Fat32, Using payloads 1.0.5 and above I get a white screen which transitions to the left then freezes on a black screen. Anything below that, It's just a black screen, No error messages are shown.

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
Was able to test out my 256 GB Samsung SD card and it fails to mount too. I've tracked the problem down to some code in Hekate where it's failing to enable low voltage. I've created an issue on Nwert's github as that is getting a bit to low level for my understanding. I will keep an eye out to see if the problem is fixed and pull it upstream to SwitchBlade.
I'm using a 256gb samsung evo with no problem. I had to format it to fat32 in linux as it wouldn't work when i formatted it in windows for some reason

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was able to test out my 256 GB Samsung SD card and it fails to mount too. I've tracked the problem down to some code in Hekate where it's failing to enable low voltage. I've created an issue on Nwert's github as that is getting a bit to low level for my understanding. I will keep an eye out to see if the problem is fixed and pull it upstream to SwitchBlade.

The issue seems to be fixed in CTCaer's mod of Hekate, would it be possible to pull the updated file you need from there?

Reactions: Deleted User

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I wasn't the one that created the repo for SwitchBlade and it's forked off of Jan4V, which wasn't forked off of Nwert. So for me to get the latest I will have to merge things in manually or I need to create a new fork and port my changes. I would rather create a new fork so SwitchBlade can stay up to date with Nwert's changes. This is going to take sometime for me to port the splash code and changes I've made.

Damn have fun with that, maybe it's possible to create a new repo fork nwert and then manually merge then changes that you made using Jan4V to make it easier. Either way; good work here I'm looking forward to future updates with this (:

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It works with TegraRcmSmash on Windows but not with NXLoader on Android!?

EDIT: OK now it works with NXLoader. NXLoader doesn't like other names than payload.bin! Thanks for your work you've put into it. Nice payload and image conversion tool.

Last edited by T-Error,

Neoninfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Neoninfinity

Version 2.0.0 was released:
  • Rebased SwitchBlade off of Nwert's repo with all of his latest changes. (With this comes support for Samsung SD Cards, though from my experience they make Horizon boot slower.)
  • Rebuilt HDLoader to make sure the latest version is in sdfiles.zip.
  • Added the ability to hold Vol+ on sending the payload to power off the Switch.
  • When booting stock it will no longer decrypt, rebuild and encrypt pkg2 as we aren't making any changes to it.
  • Fixed issue with hidden files from MacOS would be selected as they were in the splashes folder. Now any files starting with "." or hidden will be skipped over for selecting a random splash screen.
  • Added more verbose console output when there is no splash screen.
Download: https://github.com/StevenMattera/SwitchBlade/releases/tag/v2.0.0
Nice i'm going to give it a shot now I'll let you know how it goes :)

EDIT: Horizon boots fine and everything works, however is it normal that a white screen transitions accross the screen when the payload is launched?

Last edited by Neoninfinity,
Reactions: chronoss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL