Hacking Switch wont power on, no AutoRCM

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi hopefully someone can help me out. My switch wont turn on, it was sitting in a drawer for a few weeks and the battery had died. I did not charge it and now i cannot get it to turn on or take a charge. The screen is black, no charging icon when plugged in and no recolonization from the computer when connected via USB. It does not have autoRCM enabled but i do use atmosphere. When i plug the switch in to the dock the dock light flashes for a second and goes out. I left it on the dock for 3 days but it still will not turn on. I also left it plugged directly in to the wall with the Nintendo charger for 3 days and nothing. I have tried an iPad charger with the Nintendo USB-C cable for a day and still no charge. I have tried holding the power button down for 12 seconds, 30 seconds, 5 minutes, etc but nothing works. I've tried holding the + and - and power buttons but the recovery menu does not show up. I have tried charging for a day without the Joy cons connected, i have tried connecting it to the tv but neither have worked. The pins in the USB-C port are not bent and there is no damage to the switch it has been kept in great condition. I have searched online but anything i have found does not work.

Hopefully one of you has the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by wolverine92,
Reactions: NoNAND

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
well seems like you did try most of the stuff I was gonna recommend. Anyways still gonna list a few things
1. Hold power button for 30 sec then try to power on normally
2. Remove SD card and try to boot
3. Is your charge port working properly? Does the switch charge? Try to check that
4. If you updated via choidujornx it does put your switch in Autorcm I think unless you uncheck. So maybe your switch could be autorcm. Try to use tegrarcm (update drivers if it doesnt show)
5. Use a shorter USB cable for connecting to PC or Phone
6. Battery could've come loose . Can try to reconnect or something (Try this last)

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm sorry to see all of this happen to you :(
Since you stated that autoRCM was not turned on, I don't believe that atmosphere is likely alone to cause all of this.
Seems to me like some type of hardware failure. have you checked the battery, charging unit and ICs?

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well seems like you did try most of the stuff I was gonna recommend. Anyways still gonna list a few things
1. Hold power button for 30 sec then try to power on normally
2. Remove SD card and try to boot
3. Is your charge port working properly? Does the switch charge? Try to check that
4. If you updated via choidujornx it does put your switch in Autorcm I think unless you uncheck. So maybe your switch could be autorcm. Try to use tegrarcm (update drivers if it doesnt show)
5. Use a shorter USB cable for connecting to PC or Phone
6. Battery could've come loose . Can try to reconnect or something (Try this last)

Thanks for the information.
1. Not working
2. Not working
3. Af far as I can tell it’s working when connected to the dock it responds with the green led flash
4. I have tried tegraRCM but it shows nothing connected. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers
5. I’ve tried many USB-C cables and charging blocks with no luck
6. I have taken the switch apart and disconnected the battery and re connected. Still not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sorry to see all of this happen to you :(
Since you stated that autoRCM was not turned on, I don't believe that atmosphere is likely alone to cause all of this.
Seems to me like some type of hardware failure. have you checked the battery, charging unit and ICs?

I have taken the switch apart and disconnected the battery and reconnected. Everything looks normal

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thanks for the information.
1. Not working
2. Not working
3. Af far as I can tell it’s working when connected to the dock it responds with the green led flash
4. I have tried tegraRCM but it shows nothing connected. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers
5. I’ve tried many USB-C cables and charging blocks with no luck
6. I have taken the switch apart and disconnected the battery and re connected. Still not working

I have taken the switch apart and disconnected the battery and reconnected. Everything looks normal
Do you have a spare switch battery lying around? try getting a battery replacement and see if it fixes things.

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a spare switch battery lying around? try getting a battery replacement and see if it fixes things.

I don’t but I was thinking of ordering one. I’m not sure if that will fix it though and I’d hate to buy one and it still not work. Do you have any idea what spare batteries are good? There are so many available and if I do need a new one I’d hate to get a crappy one.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don’t but I was thinking of ordering one. I’m not sure if that will fix it though and I’d hate to buy one and it still not work. Do you have any idea what spare batteries are good? There are so many available and if I do need a new one I’d hate to get a crappy one.
I would se go for an used one that's in a good condition. Yes I know how frustrating it would get if it didn't solve your issue, but at the moment that's your only choice, other than sending it in for repairs at Nintendo that is.

ShinAbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Happened to me once, leave it charging with the dock for a full day then try again. I've noticed if you leave it for sometime without charging it takes almost a day for it to work again.
Best way to know if the Switch is working is by connecting it to a PC, you'll hear a sound or get a message that a device is connected to know its working.

Last edited by ShinAbo,

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happened to me once, leave it charging with the dock for a full day then try again. I've noticed if you leave it for sometime without charging it takes almost a day for it to work again.
Best way to know if the Switch is working is by connecting it to a PC, you'll hear a sound or get a message that a device is connected to know its working.

It has been charging for 3 days on the dock and 3 separate days directly on the charger and another full day on a cellphone charger. As I said in OP nothing happens when connected to the computer

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So to follow up. I took out the battery again. Let the switch sit for 15m and when I hooked it back up I was able to get in to rcm mode and load a payload. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Budsixz

dohdoh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it the Charging port? I’m having the exact same issues. Other switches work fine and it everything above. Thanks

Hi hopefully someone can help me out. My switch wont turn on, it was sitting in a drawer for a few weeks and the battery had died. I did not charge it and now i cannot get it to turn on or take a charge. The screen is black, no charging icon when plugged in and no recolonization from the computer when connected via USB. It does not have autoRCM enabled but i do use atmosphere. When i plug the switch in to the dock the dock light flashes for a second and goes out. I left it on the dock for 3 days but it still will not turn on. I also left it plugged directly in to the wall with the Nintendo charger for 3 days and nothing. I have tried an iPad charger with the Nintendo USB-C cable for a day and still no charge. I have tried holding the power button down for 12 seconds, 30 seconds, 5 minutes, etc but nothing works. I've tried holding the + and - and power buttons but the recovery menu does not show up. I have tried charging for a day without the Joy cons connected, i have tried connecting it to the tv but neither have worked. The pins in the USB-C port are not bent and there is no damage to the switch it has been kept in great condition. I have searched online but anything i have found does not work.

Hopefully one of you has the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello, did you figure out the issue? Was it the charging port? Have exact same issues as you. Thanks

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never EVER do AutoRCM it isn't good at all. I guess the only time to use it is when you are not trying to burn a fuse other than that no reason to use it. Just use a RCM Loader

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never EVER do AutoRCM it isn't good at all. I guess the only time to use it is when you are not trying to burn a fuse other than that no reason to use it. Just use a RCM Loader
Ive used autorcm for ages and i can say ive not had problems with it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is beyond preposterous. AutoRCM is the only way to preserve fuses as well as saving wear and tear from your right Joy-Con rail. There is absolutely no reason to not use it.

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried an iPad charger with the Nintendo USB-C cable for a day and still no charge.
i see the risk is here. never use a charger that is not the nintendo oem charger. non-ninty chargers are too powerful for the switch and a battery replacement wont fix your problem (it didn't fix mine)

i had to replace and solder a new charging chip https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...685785?hash=item216eca80d9:g:nS4AAOSwznZdxfZN

now you can do it yourself or hire a send in ebay nintendo switch repair
dont send it into nintendo, they can do shitty things like swap out the motherboard

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is beyond preposterous. AutoRCM is the only way to preserve fuses as well as saving wear and tear from your right Joy-Con rail. There is absolutely no reason to not use it.

Maybe a month ago a botched installation of CFW happened to one of my buddies and the switch had a hard time powering on I had to literally hold the power button for 30 seconds for it to cut on I honestly thought it died. It wouldn't reconize RCM for almost 20 mins. So hypothetically speaking is there going to be damage to the right joycon rail for using the jig alot?

Ive used autorcm for ages and i can say ive not had problems with it

I'm not a fan of it I rather just keep my switch in sleep mode..

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i see the risk is here. never use a charger that is not the nintendo oem charger. non-ninty chargers are too powerful for the switch and a battery replacement wont fix your problem (it didn't fix mine)

i had to replace and solder a new charging chip https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...685785?hash=item216eca80d9:g:nS4AAOSwznZdxfZN

now you can do it yourself or hire a send in ebay nintendo switch repair
dont send it into nintendo, they can do shitty things like swap out the motherboard
also non nintendo usb cables i think something about the power draw? cant remember the specifics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E