Hardware Switch won't boot without going into rcm, autorcm is off

real_unique_username

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I plug the switch in or press the power button when it's off nothing happens, the only way to get it to turn on is by booting into rcm, injecting hekate, and launching sysnand through there.

I've already tried initializing the switch once I was able to get it to boot and I've also updated it, but it still won't turn on normally.

The switch has never been hacked before so it's not autorcm, and i checked just in case and it's off.

I can't think of anything else I could do to make it boot normally, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Under what condition did you buy this Switch?
Maybe the previous owner messed up.

AutoRCM works by deliberately bricking the Switch boot table.
Noramlly 1 byte is deliberately messed up so that the the Switch freaks out and this is where Hekate steps in and provides a 'good' boot table of it's own.
Maybe your boot table is far more broken than just the change that Hekate makes.
I recall there are some ways to check if your boot0/1 is valid or not.
boot0/1 can be fixed by getting the right version.
But installing Hekate and have it boot your Switch might be the safest option.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same issue with my secondhand Switch. It was dirt cheap because someone hacked it and then borked it somehow and didn't want to mess with it anymore. I got it up and running again but was having the same issue being unable to boot normally without injecting Hekate. Noticed the OFW was on 9.x so ran a system update. It's now running 14.1 and boots normally without needing to go the RCM>Hekate route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.