Hacking Switch won't boot to ofw nor cfw

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sadly I've read the Psa about downgrading only after trying to do it by following the youtube videos, I used ChoiDujourNx on the atmosphere 0.8.4 with a 7.0.1 switch and followed the videos to downgrade to 6.2. After the reboot of ChoiDujourNx I tried booting the cfw and after atmosphere and nintendo logo it gave me an error code: 2000-0000, after I tried booting it from hekate by launch ->stock and it gave me the error in the img. I can't boot in ofw nor cfw, I was trying to figure out what to do by reading the threads and I also tried to follow the no burn fuses guide to get back at 7.0.1 but I can't seem to get past step 6-7 (with the firmware nca and keys.txt file). Anyone have a clue about what should I do? I don't care much about the ofw but I would want to at least have the cfw.

View attachment 158651 View attachment 158651

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have a backup, right?
Try recovery mode. Boot to stock from hekate and immediately hold vol up and down to boot to recovery/maintenence mode and update.
Otherwise you probably have to rebuild your NAND

Also, why the heck did you downgrade?

Wanted to downgrade cause there were many things that still worked only on 6.2, reddit and youtube made it sound easy enough, sadly it went wrong. I'll try rn the recovery. And no sadly I made the backup but I lost it and don't have it anymore. (made one now new with the downgrade version)

I dont know if this would help but this guide save my switch. Got bricked for restoring a backup 5.0.1 nand and this helped me revive my switch
Thanks I'll try right away!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try recovery mode. Boot to stock from hekate and immediately hold vol up and down to boot to recovery/maintenence mode and update.
I managed to get into recovery mode! But it gives me error code:2137-8007, cause I used the 90DNS, I have two mobile with which I never used the switch, could I somehow connect to one of them or turn off the 90DNS and update?

Last edited by Antoaron,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wanted to downgrade cause there were many things that still worked only on 6.2, reddit and youtube made it sound easy enough, sadly it went wrong. I'll try rn the recovery. And no sadly I made the backup but I lost it and don't have it anymore. (made one now new with the downgrade version)

Thanks I'll try right away!

I managed to get into recovery mode! But it gives me error code:2137-8007, might be cause I changed the dns to not have updates, I have two mobile with which I never used the switch, could I somehow connect to one of them and update?
Everything works everywhere!
I think that you can't change wifi settings while in maintanence mode. So no, you can't connect to different wifi unless you boot to OFW at least once.
So you probably have to rebuild your NAND.

What backup is that? Backup of your current system (so non-booting one)?

BTW the guide cyberevan sugested is the same as mine in the first post ;)

Also, try factory reset from the recovery/maintancene mode.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything works everywhere!
I think that you can't change wifi settings while in maintanence mode. So no, you can't connect to different wifi unless you boot to OFW at least once.
So you probably have to rebuild your NAND.

What backup is that? Backup of your current system (so non-booting one)?

BTW the guide cyberevan sugested is the same as mine in the first post ;)

Yes the non-booting one.
Think there's a way from the pc to change the dns I set for the wifi on the switch? Or maybe, if I factory reset the dns will turn to default? (automatic) If not I'll try that guide then

Can you explain to me how you did that because I have exactly the same problem and I don't have any NAND backup, (yes I know I'm really stupid and if my switch survives I'll totally do one).
As Kubas said just payload hekate, then go to lunch and scroll down to stock, after clicking it press right away vol - and + until it gets you to recovery mode

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes the non-booting one.
Think there's a way from the pc to change the dns I set for the wifi on the switch? Or maybe, if I factory reset the dns will turn to default? (automatic) If not I'll try that guide then

As Kubas said just payload hekate, then go to lunch and scroll down to stock, after clicking it press right away vol - and + until it gets you to recovery mode
I don't know and doubt that there is a way to change it from PC. Factory reset should remove everything and maybe repair it. Also, if you have usb to ethernet adapter, you can use that and bypass the dns in wifi.

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried to factory reset and then launch the stock, the switch now open
So I just use the hekate payload, and remove the auto RCM and I can go into the recovery mode ?
yes

I don't know and doubt that there is a way to change it from PC. Factory reset should remove everything and maybe repair it. Also, if you have usb to ethernet adapter, you can use that and bypass the dns in wifi.
I factory reseted and now it started just fine by launching the stock!

Batouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

That's what I did and absolutely nothing happened, why am I so dumb :'(

Like my switch doesn't even show me the nintendo and switch logo

Last edited by Batouu,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You need to boot on OFW if you want the repair mode right, because that's what I did.
No you don't. You can boot to cfw and still boot to recovery mode. Just hold vol up and down on any boot.
From that my guess is that you have more fuses than your FW needs so it won't boot to OFW.
Also, you can boot to OFW via hekate because you can bypass fuses.
But answer my question. Does it happen when you boot OFW or cfw or both?

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just so that I don't make others mistake, now I have autoRcm mode and can enter the ofw by booting by the stock (6.2 btw). If I want to get the ReiNX 2.0 for the 6.2, should I just put the right files in the sd and then payload the reinx.bin?

Batouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
But answer my question. Does it happen when you boot OFW or cfw or both?

Sorry, It was impossible for me to go into the OFW, it was with every CFW that I had in hand (ATS for 7.0.1 and 6.2.0, SX OS and ReiNX 2.0), anyway the recovery worked I'm back on 7.0.1, I think I'll try again now that I know that it's possible without doing mistakes, really man thank you so much much.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry, It was impossible for me to go into the OFW, it was with every CFW that I had in hand (ATS for 7.0.1 and 6.2.0, SX OS and ReiNX 2.0), anyway the recovery worked I'm back on 7.0.1, I think I'll try again now that I know that it's possible without doing mistakes, really man thank you so much much.
You don't have to downgrade as atmo already works on 7.0.0/1 And there are sigpatches for it too now.

Just so that I don't make others mistake, now I have autoRcm mode and can enter the ofw by booting by the stock (6.2 btw). If I want to get the ReiNX 2.0 for the 6.2, should I just put the right files in the sd and then payload the reinx.bin?
Never used reinx but I guess so. Or if you want to you can go with atmo and 7.0.0/1

Antoaron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I'll try and stick to 6.2 now that it works, at least until sig patches are out for 7.0/.01 (they still not out right?)
Anw thanks a bunch man, looked up everywhere and was really stuck on this problem, now I can be more at ease.

Kodi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, i had the exact same problem as OP. I wanna just ask now i've factory reset, can i update the firmware from 6.2.0 to 7.0.1 using settings? the console has 9 burnt fuses and will only boot using rcm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work