Hacking Switch wont boot even to cfw

Kodi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i stupidly updated to 7.0.0, and i had a look if i could downgrade. Youtube suggested that I use choidujournx and downgrade to 6.2.0 so i did.
Now, my switch wont boot, although i can push a payload through rcm. I tried using hekate to boot into atmosphere however it goes to the nintendo screen and then nothing happens, the screen is black.
I have to manually force my switch to turn off and i dont have nand backups because I formatted my SD card yesterday when it corrupted and forgot to copy the backup.

I dont care if i can never use ofw again , i just dont want a brick. Is there anything I can do? My switch has 9 burnt fuses and its on 6.2.0 downgraded.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i stupidly updated to 7.0.0, and i had a look if i could downgrade. Youtube suggested that I use choidujournx and downgrade to 6.2.0 so i did.
Now, my switch wont boot, although i can push a payload through rcm. I tried using hekate to boot into atmosphere however it goes to the nintendo screen and then nothing happens, the screen is black.
I have to manually force my switch to turn off and i dont have nand backups because I formatted my SD card yesterday when it corrupted and forgot to copy the backup.

I dont care if i can never use ofw again , i just dont want a brick. Is there anything I can do? My switch has 9 burnt fuses and its on 6.2.0 downgraded.
You can't just downgrade like that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-stop-downgrading-unless-you-know-what-youre-doing.531861/
Read this.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/manualchoidowngrade

btw, choidojour or choidujournx? you can't use NX without CFW

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
choidujournx
and yeah i dont mind about only cfw, i dont play online much anyway.

format your sdcard (is it fat32 or exfat?) and extract this to the root of your sdcard

you're not bricked, mostlikely an issue with your sdcard and/or files

Kodi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
format your sdcard (is it fat32 or exfat?) and extract this to the root of your sdcard

you're not bricked, mostlikely an issue with your sdcard and/or files

what should i extract to it? thanks for helping
its fat32, but when using choidujournx i did select exfat 6.2.0 if that makes a difference

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
what should i extract to it? thanks for helping
its fat32, but when using choidujournx i did select exfat 6.2.0 if that makes a difference

no, it should work

extract the whole zip file I attached, remember format it (backup your Nintendo folders since your games are stored in there)

Attachments

• sd.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 246

Kodi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, it should work

extract the whole zip file I attached, remember format it (backup your Nintendo folders since your games are stored in there)
Alright i did it. now every time i boot into cfw it gives me error code: 2000-0000

chipshill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was literally seconds away from doing the same. Downgrading from 7.0 to 6.2 with ChoidujourNX. I've even selected and 'checked' the firmware in the program about to proceed. Let me know how you get on.

EDIT: I done it anyway after seeing a reputable member said it would be fine. It was :)

Last edited by chipshill,

Antoaron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Having the same problem, when I try to bot into cfw in give error 2000-0000 and when I try to boot from stock it gives me error 2162-0002.
I'm trying to use the no burn fuse guide to update at 7.0.1 (the versione I downgraded from) but can't seem to get past step 6-7 with the keys.txt file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya