Hacking Question Switch wants to format my SDXC

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I want to use my 128GB SDXC MicroSD on my Switch. So I formated it with the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" to Fat32 but whenever I insert the SD card to my Switch it wants to format the SD card. When I press "Format" it wants to update to be able to use a a SDXC. How can I prevent this?

Kind regards

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey,

I want to use my 128GB SDXC MicroSD on my Switch. So I formated it with the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" to Fat32 but whenever I insert the SD card to my Switch it wants to format the SD card. When I press "Format" it wants to update to be able to use a a SDXC. How can I prevent this?

Kind regards
Try using guiformat

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Kind regards
you cant

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is Switch itself, for SDXC cards it uses exFAT and I believe there is no way around that. Also, if your Switch never connected to the internet, you don't have the necessary update to support exFAT, which is why it nags for the update.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody saying it can't be done, STOP! You don't know what you're talking about. Yes OP, it can be done. I used EaseUS Partition Master to format a 128gb Samsung sdxc to FAT32 and it works fine.

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it with guiformat but I still get the same update prompt. :(

Edit: Will try a full format now.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 128gb sdxc as fat32 just fine. Please don't spread misinformation.

@DarkOrb like others have mentioned, try using guiformat to format it as fat32 on PC, and then try it in your switch.
my system said i had to preform a system update to format my card and it wouldnt let me do it on my own

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [uploads TP] :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan I bet your mom found out you watching those kind of vids on your 3ds again, and put a limit on you.
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    first of all, i don't watch those kinds of videos, and if i did i'd pull a verbalase 50k but with wizards and wario
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    second of all, i don't even have a 3ds
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    OnlyWizard&WarioFans.com
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just want a wizard to stick his wand (whether literal or figurative is up to interpretation, either way it's either freaky or sus, or both i guess) up my ass
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm making Texas sheet cake for first time today, my Nieghbor brought us some few weeks ago and damn that's good, so I got her recipe and gonna try it today.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    mmm, sounds good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its not a brownie, and its not a cake, so what is it- Texas sheet cake.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded out of the cakes everywhere while baking, was still ok tho, just no lava inside.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We had our grandkids over yesterday and I got a small above ground swimming pool I filled for them to play in. Well today I woke to find 3 ducks swimming around in it. Don't mind really but they are annoyingly loud, quack quack. Gotta drain it today. Guess what were having for dinner, lol.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lol
    BBQ'd 🦆
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also i'm sorry your molten lava cakes failed
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    just looked up a pic of texas sheet cake, and it looks delicious
    +1
    🌋 Science Project?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i think i might need to try making lava cakes for the 4th of july fr
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used butter instead of vegetable oil, and think that's why they squirted out during baking, who knows
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah i think oil is the right call
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus if you're making brownies or lava cakes for people with dairy allergies, you should use oil instead of butter anyway
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz