Hacking Question Switch wants to format my SDXC

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I want to use my 128GB SDXC MicroSD on my Switch. So I formated it with the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" to Fat32 but whenever I insert the SD card to my Switch it wants to format the SD card. When I press "Format" it wants to update to be able to use a a SDXC. How can I prevent this?

Kind regards

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey,

I want to use my 128GB SDXC MicroSD on my Switch. So I formated it with the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free" to Fat32 but whenever I insert the SD card to my Switch it wants to format the SD card. When I press "Format" it wants to update to be able to use a a SDXC. How can I prevent this?

Kind regards
Try using guiformat

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Kind regards
you cant

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is Switch itself, for SDXC cards it uses exFAT and I believe there is no way around that. Also, if your Switch never connected to the internet, you don't have the necessary update to support exFAT, which is why it nags for the update.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody saying it can't be done, STOP! You don't know what you're talking about. Yes OP, it can be done. I used EaseUS Partition Master to format a 128gb Samsung sdxc to FAT32 and it works fine.

DarkOrb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it with guiformat but I still get the same update prompt. :(

Edit: Will try a full format now.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Be sure that your card is using MBR and not GPT. If you use GPT the Switch will prompt you to download the exFAT update even if the card is formatted to FAT32.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 128gb sdxc as fat32 just fine. Please don't spread misinformation.

@DarkOrb like others have mentioned, try using guiformat to format it as fat32 on PC, and then try it in your switch.
my system said i had to preform a system update to format my card and it wouldnt let me do it on my own

iautran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

changing the SD from "Logical" to "Primary" did the trick, thanks a lot !!

Last edited by iautran,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8