Gaming Switch ...the console made for ports and indies

D

Deleted User

My thoughts? Well, I think it makes sense that there is so many ports and indies. The Switch can be played in both handheld and on a big screen TV! Of course there's going to be a lot of ports. It allows for players to play the game more and it's a great console for indies to start on.

It's not like these ports are HURTING the Switch. At most, they are a little annoying to scroll through the eshop, but it helps build the library overall. That's my opinion.

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think it hurts the company because with so many indies advertising you have to watch and realize if it is an AAA game or a non worth while buying game .

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it hurts the company because with so many indies advertising you have to watch and realize if it is an AAA game or a non worth while buying game .
What do you mean?
You have to watch and realize if it is a worthwhile game anyway. Most AAA games are BS actually, of course you have to take a look at reviews if you want to check if it is looking good for you. The same, exactly the same, can be said for indies (most of them are BS).

Es mucho más fácil clavarse con un juego AAA, tiene cien veces más publicidad y caés como boludo si no mirás un puto review. Mierda hay en todos lados igual, pero por un AAA pagás mínimo U$S60 de entrada, más razón para mirarse un puto review.

Translation: You have to check reviews all the same, specially for expensive AAA games.

Reactions: matias3ds

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch already has more exclusives than Xbox and has more than half as many as the PS4. Your title is nonsense and you should feel bad. Nintendo is EASILY also outpacing Sony and Microsoft in first party titles. On point to triple the amount of theirs, combined, in the same amount of years if they keep that pace.

I understand the sentiment that the "switch needs more games!!111!!" but what it really is, "I want more games for the switch!!" which is not at all a bad thing...

Nintendo's first party games are a bit odd in that somehow they're not as satisfying as Sony or even Microsoft's in sating the desire for more. But, again, Nintendo, for once, is slaughtering the competition in all vital statistics. Nintendo also managed to make the Switch my primary platform for indie games. Which, before, was PC for me along with most my other gaming.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
and ports of indie
You really need to learn the difference between ports and multi-platform releases. There are those indies that do get ported, yes, but they're usually ported from PC to the three current-gen consoles after an early access period exclusively on Steam.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...