Switch shows Nintendo logo then turns off (no charging icon in left side)

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by nimio, Nov 21, 2019.

1. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    Hello,

I will to try to explain the problem:

I get a 2nd hand Nintendo Switch with water damage. After my inspection I can see few water damage in (and around) usual chips (corrosion in M92T36, BQ24193, PI3USB) and battery connector (and bottom PCB in same area) then I clean the PCB and check some weldings, all looks like ok.

I don't know the installed firmware. Only shows Nintendo logo then turns off.
    I can test that can charge with an usb tester but don't shows the charge icon in the screen.

I checked the capacitors (and others) around M92T36, BQ24193 and PI3USB for any issue and all looks like ok.

I can join in RCM mode but when I try to launch Custom or Oficial firmware I have the same problem, only "Nintendo" logo and off.
    I try to restore BOOT0, BOOT1 and RAWNAND extracting my own keys downloading and using an original firmware with TegraRcmGUI v2.6, memloaderv3, HacDiskMount1055 and ChoiDujour122b following this tutorial:

Following the tutorial all looks like ok but when I mount rawNAND in TegraRcmGUI with memloader and I went to HacDiskMount step (minute 00:44) I can see something different, in the video the boy just mount sysNAND and ok but in my switch appears a message that tell me "Please select partition table. Primary and backup GPT are both valid but not the same, which one to use?" I don't know which is the correct so I try it with "Primary", then I finish the tutorial and no repaired, then I repeat with "Backup" and same problem.
    I try different firmwares (v9 and v6) and same problem.

Now I can't see "Nintendo" logo and it's more difficult to join in RCM mode. What happened? How can repair my Switch?

I have a NAND backup with the initial problem before do all this things.

The chips looks like ok but I thing that I need to try to change it, because it's strange no see the charge icon.

Some ideas?

I appreciate some help.

Regards.

FXDX likes this.
  2. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    You should try restoring the backup, go into recovery mode, and formatting it. But who knows with water damage

FXDX likes this.
  3. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    First thanks for your answer.

I can't join in recovery mode.

Keep in mind that this backup are just the initial problem data (just "nintendo" logo and power off) then don't solve the problem.

Regards.

4. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    I restored my (deffective) NAND to begin again to try to repair it.

Now I can see again the "Nintendo" logo and then the console turns off
    and continues no showing the left charge icon during charging (but charge).

I don't know if try with other firmware or... what?

As I say the console gets hardware damage (water) but looks like a software issue but who knows.

Last edited by nimio, Nov 21, 2019
  5. FXDX

FXDX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    Try to change the BQ24193 and see if the problem with the charge persist.
    With the multimeter check pin 5 and pin 6 on M92t36. Plug the charger. If you have between 3 - 6v on pin 5 and 6, then M92t36 it's ok.
    You can still try a reflow on M92T36, BQ24193.
    You should try with another battery.

IMG_5717.PNG

Last edited by FXDX, Nov 21, 2019
  6. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    It's reflowed with flux around some corrosive areas (maybe I must to reflow again) and I tried other battery that I can see in Hekate that is charged to 100%. And we are here, with the issue.

I'm waiting to receive in... around 5 days a few of chips to try to change BQ24193 (or M92T36, or PI3USB).

I test your suggested pins (I remember saw this suggestions in other threads and keep in mind to check).

Here the results always with charger plugged:

M92T36:

Switch console OFF:

PIN 5: 4,49v.
    PIN 6: 0v.

Switch console ON (in Hekate menu):

PIN 5: 3,29v.
    PIN 6: 3,31v.

What do you think? looks like ok. I suppose that 0v. in pin 6 when console is power off it's ok but I don't know.

Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

7. FXDX

FXDX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    PIN 5: 4,49v.
    PIN 6: 0v.
    Switch console OFF, with the charger connected to the switch ?

8. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    Yes, "Here the results always with charger plugged:"

It's ok?

9. FXDX

FXDX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    Dominican Republic
    No, is not ok. It must be between 3 - 6v.

10. nimio
    OP

nimio Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2019
    Spain
    Ok, then I will change M92T36 when arrive it and measure again pin 5 and pin 6 with same measured results in pin 5 and expecting 3-6v in pin 6 with Switch OFF and charger connected.

Thanks for your help.

FXDX likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted