Switch purchase - or maybe not

NEZ8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont know if this is the correct sub forum for my question? But im considering buying the "new" 2019 Switch, but i read all these rumours about a possible new "Pro" Switch console coming out?

My main hesitation has been that the Switch doesn´t seem to be as powerful as the PS4 Pro for example, and doesnt seem to have as good graphics etc. But in most other aspects i like the Switch, for example the hand held mode. So a "Pro" Switch which is more powerful would be exactly what im looking for, but at the same time i dont want to wait for something that i dont know if and when it will be released.

So what do you think about this Pro version, will it be released and when do you think that will happen, of course it will only be speculations, but im still interested in hearing your predictions regarding a Pro Switch console.

Also, would you wait for a Pro version, or buy the 2019 Switch with the upgraded battery life?
I dont know how much more powerful a Pro version would be, i mean if its much more powerful than the current Switch wouldn´t it then instead be made a whole new console type and for a new console generation, and not an upgraded Switch?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There is no concrete proof that a Switch "pro" even exists, let alone when one would release, so if you want a Switch then just buy any model that's released currently and be done with it. And chances are, if a Switch Pro does release, you could probably get a half-decent trade-in deal from most shops and get a Pro for cheapo anyways.

However, something you should keep in mind is that you shouldn't compare any Switch, the rumored Pro version or current versions, to even a stock PS4 in terms of hardware performance, it's simply not in the same league and probably never will be without significant upgrades (like a complete swap in architecture and disregard for portability, which won't happen). The form factor and battery life considerations alone simply will not allow even a Pro version of the Switch to outpace the hardware in any of the stock current gen home consoles, let alone the "Pro" versions.

NEZ8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your answer. Yes i think you are absolutely correct in everything you are saying. I was thinking a bit along those lines as well, just wanted to have some second opinions.
Yup, i will pick up a Switch 2019 version.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've got to agree with @Tom Bombadildo here : Nintendo isn't about powerful consoles for some generations. Even if they're release a more powerful console, I seriously doubt it's even in the range of a regular PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Skill issue.