Hacking Switch on OFW 3.0, how do I get it on 4.1.0?

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my hands on a Switch running 3.0. If I wanted to get it on 4.1.0, could I load up SX OS, run a backup of Kirby off the MicroSD, and get it updated that way? Or would I need the physical cart to apply the firmware update?

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing what you described would work, but you would be unable to downgrade back to 3.0.0. Alternatively, you could update to 5.1.0 using this guide. It would prevent your efuses from being burnt so you could downgrade later, but you would have to install AutoRCM, causing your Switch to boot into RCM on each coldboot.

Reactions: mooglazer

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing what you described would work, but you would be unable to downgrade back to 3.0.0. Alternatively, you could update to 5.1.0 using this guide. It would prevent your efuses from being burnt so you could downgrade later, but you would have to install AutoRCM, causing your Switch to boot into RCM on each coldboot.
Thanks so much for the reply! Ok, so I will use Kirby than to update it to 4.1.0. Do we know if Kirby has the exFat update installed as well?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the reply! Ok, so I will use Kirby than to update it to 4.1.0. Do we know if Kirby has the exFat update installed as well?
You must connect to the internet and update to 5.1.0 if you want to install the exFAT update the legitimate way. However, there are hacky ways of installing the exFAT update without updating your system.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No. It's never installed with cart updates. There's a guide for getting exfat support in gbatemp.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: XpertXP1

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just chiming in to mention the exFAT guide on here works perfectly, I've done it on my 4.1.0 Switch with no issues.

Reactions: XpertXP1

XpertXP1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just chiming in to mention the exFAT guide on here works perfectly, I've done it on my 4.1.0 Switch with no issues.
Yes I followed the guide on my other Switch that I received with FW 4.1.0 on it, I followed method one and all is well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__