New Zealand
Last edited by grubgrub,
Reactions: lufeig

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gregor is selling some Dat0 eMMC adaptors (I bought mine from him)
Also noticed them selling on Aliexpress as well now
Ok great. But how does the adapter actually stay in place? I see it slides under and touches the DAT0 point, but how do you make the adapter not slide off or shift if the switch gets bumped or moved around?
I haven't seen any vids or completed pics w it installed.

Edit: found this but he doesn't show how it's staying in place:

Last edited by Bonovox40,

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok great. But how does the adapter actually stay in place? I see it slides under and touches the DAT0 point, but how do you make the adapter not slide off or shift if the switch gets bumped or moved around?

UV mask, silicon glue, super glue, hot glue… just pick one.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Watch this:
https://t.co/Uv6mwPsC7O?amp=1

Reactions: grubgrub

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

sthetix uses UV solder mask in his video

HellsBoyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I must be lucky since this is hard to get and find nowadays.
1 is brand new, 1 is tested on Lite.

Attachments

• received_1327274744397961.jpeg
    received_1327274744397961.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: grubgrub and lufeig

TheUnknownOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any others who've done this install with an sx core/hwfly?

I'm getting a core soon and am debating on the oled model but if a core is pointless to use then I'll just put it in my new switch.

HellsBoyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
where did u order those from?
Taobao. If you know the right guy, you can get the TX kind, as well as pcb adapter. My friend's source said they willing to accept an order if he demands considerable amount (like over 100pcs).
So is there any others who've done this install with an sx core/hwfly?

I'm getting a core soon and am debating on the oled model but if a core is pointless to use then I'll just put it in my new switch.
TX Core works just fine, as well as Hwfly (depends on how good production is, because we know some folks got an issue about dat0 connection when used clone for modding), a good v3 clone is recommended. But it will not fit good compare to lite.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an SX core laying around and was thinking it would be better to use that and be able to flash/upgrade Spacecraft. If you do try this, let us know your results. I am interested
hey!
I won't be cutting it.
There are small components in that place and they should be there for a reason :)
It's just "playing LEGO" fitting it or using a Lite chip.

I'll be using a Core in the next days and will experiment a bit.
Cheers!

Reactions: mattyv and grubgrub

grubgrub

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey!
I won't be cutting it.
There are small components in that place and they should be there for a reason :)
It's just "playing LEGO" fitting it or using a Lite chip.

I'll be using a Core in the next days and will experiment a bit.
Cheers!

What kind of soldering iron do you have?
Are the solder tips really tiny, like a pin tiny?
My soldering iron tip is quite large, may need to find something else

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I really wanted to know what are the "improvements" they claim.
I see they rerouted the "via" and used a black finish :P

What kind of soldering iron do you have?
Are the solder tips really tiny, like a pin tiny?
My soldering iron tip is quite large, may need to find something else
I use a "somewhat" tiny solder tip.
Here's a pic of it next to a regular sewing needle:
IMG_20211128_121823656_MP.jpg

The smaller your tip is the less heat it will conduct. So, for big GND pads/planes that sucks too much heat before it can melt the solder you should either increase the temperature or leave the iron tip there for much longer.
Both can have "consequences": you could either burn the pad/via/trace or rip it off.

My advise for you is, first practice, second a good flux is your BEST friend!!!

Since I already have some experience I use the same tip for everything, increasing the temperature when I see the GND isn't melting the solder.
I should warn you though that, no matter how experienced you are, you can f*ck up sometimes. Specially when you're too "experienced" since you get "too confident" and too much confidence can lead to mistakes :P
For times, when increasing the temperature to solder a GND plane I forgot decreasing it and removed a tiny 0201 SMD component I should attach some wire :P

Take your time, don't rush things up and if you see something "isn't working" don't push it!
Cheers!

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
well hwlfy core is using ver 1 but I think the lite version using ver 2. I have no complain using it so fast booting into menu and almost never failed
They are both using a variation of v1 it uses different APIs so it's not updatable even on V3 hwfly, it's also buggy because they made the storage that stores timing configurations to be read only, so it can never update timings per console and instead relies on the factory set timing.

That said all spacecraft-nx v2 allows is to use the OLED panel to display the NO SD screen, so you can make do with the status LED. Then again a legit SX Lite modchip is preferable assuming you can secure one.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
They are both using a variation of v1 it uses different APIs so it's not updatable even on V3 hwfly, it's also buggy because they made the storage that stores timing configurations to be read only, so it can never update timings per console and instead relies on the factory set timing.

That said all spacecraft-nx v2 allows is to use the OLED panel to display the NO SD screen, so you can make do with the status LED. Then again a legit SX Lite modchip is preferable assuming you can secure one.
Yup!
I had a SX Lite original laying dormant just for something cool! :P
I ended up using it on my OLED.

Funny thing though is my OLED has that same bug pretty much all HWFLY had, which is whenever you shut it down after 5 to 10 seconds it turns on again.
My SX Lite is flashed with Spacecraft-NX 0.2.0.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Yup!
I had a SX Lite original laying dormant just for something cool! :P
I ended up using it on my OLED.

Funny thing though is my OLED has that same bug pretty much all HWFLY had, which is whenever you shut it down after 5 to 10 seconds it turns on again.
My SX Lite is flashed with Spacecraft-NX 0.2.0.

That's not a SX lite bug at all. This is what happens when you turn off a Switch from Horizon OS. It turns back on again 15 seconds after you turn it off and finally turns off for good. Normally on a legit firmware you don't see this behavior because boot0 will do the final shutdown and it doesn't even power the screen on. On hacked switches (except unpatched Erista without Auto RCM, which just would run Nintendo's boot0) a payload will run before proper shutdown can occur. Atmosphere and Hekate both have the shutdown sequence implemented.

This was a "feature" introduced by Nintendo, presumably to combat auto rcm (this happens even on Erista) as it would prevent auto rcm hacked Erista from turning off properly and drain battery over time. I am not sure when exactly it's been introduced. For example my 3.0.0 Erista does not exhibit this "feature".

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not a SX lite bug at all. This is what happens when you turn off a Switch from Horizon OS. It turns back on again 15 seconds after you turn it off and finally turns off for good. Normally on a legit firmware you don't see this behavior because boot0 will do the final shutdown and it doesn't even power the screen on. On hacked switches (except unpatched Erista without Auto RCM, which just would run Nintendo's boot0) a payload will run before proper shutdown can occur. Atmosphere and Hekate both have the shutdown sequence implemented.

This was a "feature" introduced by Nintendo, presumably to combat auto rcm (this happens even on Erista) as it would prevent auto rcm hacked Erista from turning off properly and drain battery over time. I am not sure when exactly it's been introduced. For example my 3.0.0 Erista does not exhibit this "feature".
Huh! That's new to me!

Thx for the clarification!
I'll research more about this subject! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then